1. Hey! Guest! The 34th GMC Jam will take place between August 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Thursday noon) and August 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtual Pet Game

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by JayR, Dec 17, 2018.

1. JayR

JayR Member

So... I'm trying out making a virtual pet game where you will adopt a baby seal (I find seals very cute! They are the puppies of the ocean <3) and take care of it. Haven't thought of a name for the game yet but I have started working on the game logic and some sprites. Don't have a working demo as of now. Here are a couple of screenshots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    Nux and CleanWater like this.
  2. Lucia

Lucia Member

Nice draws and interesting HUD. What kind of game is it? a Point and click game?

JayR likes this.
  3. JayR

JayR Member

Not quite sure if it falls under the point and click game category. It's something like Pet Society on Facebook back in the old days.

4. Cowlord

Cowlord Member

Very nice art! Most virtual pet games I have played are very cutesy art style so you will definitely stand out. What platforms are you targeting?

JayR likes this.
  5. JayR

JayR Member

Mobile platform but primarily Android at the moment.
    Having to buy a MacBook + iPhone just for iOS export makes me dread the whole process of exporting it to iPhone..

6. Cowlord

Cowlord Member

Yeah I ignore iOS because of all of Apple's limited hangouts. I go for android and web as a hobbyist; excited about Discord's announcement of indie devs being allowed on the store with a 90% cut!

JayR likes this.
  7. JayR

JayR Member

Sadly, iPhone has a huge market of users.. Eventually, I'll have to drag myself to export for iOS. Didn't know about Discord's announcement, I'll check it out! Thanks!

8. JayR

JayR Member

[​IMG]
    On non-edit mode, you can interact with the room objects (eg: switch lights on/off).
    On edit mode, you can remove unwanted objects from the room.

9. Lucia

Lucia Member

a social game?

10. JayR

JayR Member

Erm... it's like Tamagotchi.

11. JayR

JayR Member

A few animation states of the virtual pet, Seally :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If you want to get updated the moment there's something new you can follow me on my personal IG: Me

NeZvers and mamacato like this.