• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Virtual Keyboard Status - 2 bugs

kupo15

I was doing some testing because the virtual keyboard wasn't doing what I expected it to do. It seems like the "virtual_keyboard_status()" built in variable is not working all the time. Sometimes when I close the virtual keyboard this doesn't update to false and remains as true.

Second bug is in the async event with the event_status. When popping up the keyboard its fine by firing off "showing" and then "visible." However, when I go to hide it it fires off "hidden" and "hidden". Occasionally it fires off correctly as "hiding" and then "hidden." Sometimes it skips the "hiding" fire and goes straight to a SINGLE "hidden". Check the debug console for this

Its very inconsistent and not working properly. I created a bug report but here is the file if anyone wants to check it out. Must be testing with android or mobile off course.

https://yoyogames.zendesk.com/attachments/token/t9BpSHrAVgBql5N3nzRQ5Xc3j/?name=vk+bug.yyz

Last edited: