• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

VineGame [Working Title]

S

Sharks

Welcome to the newest Vinesauce Inspired fan-game that will likely not become completed. But just in-case it does, or if anyone is just interested in watch where it goes, I decided to make this.

If you don't know what Vinesauce is, it's a group of mainly Twitch streamers who also upload some of their stuff to YouTube. The main and I believe first member is "Vinny" but I mean also his name is nearly Vine so how could you not look at him like the main guy? Anyway this is his channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzORJV8l3FWY4cFO8ot-F2w

Needless to say, if you don't know about Vinesauce, you probably won't get many of the references here.

What's the game like?
The plan is for the game to be very Isaac-esc. You'll go from room to room, each random, facing against enemies and picking up different items to help you along the way. One of the main differences is that instead of firing at enemies, you actually click on them to deal damage. Because of this, I've thought of possibly naming the game "VineClicker" but I'm still not sure.

Because of the limit on how many images you can make per-post, this is going to be split into a few posts.

Playable Characters:
Vinny:

The main man himself. Now sporting a non-infringe original Exclamation Mark Block hat.
Stats:
HP: 3 (Don't have to explain HP, do I?)
Speed: 5 (How many fasts you can go)
Strength: 1 (The raw number added in damage for every click)
Skill: 1 (The multiplier your damage is put through on each click, meaning 2 will double all your damage.)

VineShnoz

He's back after being long forgotten in Tomadachi Life. Unlocked by rooting Vinny with the Vine Blade.
Stats:
HP: 3
Speed: 5
Strength: 1
Skill: 1

Vlinny

Also back from Tomadachi Life. Unlocked by freezing Vinny with the Ice Blade.
Stats:
HP: 2 (Frozen Hearts)
Speed: 6

Edge Vox

Fresh from writing Blood Bagel 2: Volcanal. Unlocked by turning Vinny DAHK with the DAHK Blade.
Stats:
HP: 2 (DAHK Hearts)
Strength: 2
Skill: 1.5

Dink Vin

A man overtaken by the memes of his past. He looks overjoyed, doesn't he? Unlocked by killing 100 Mr. Dinks
Stats: (Starts with the Dinknado)

Corrupted Vin

The͡ ͝mai̶n͜ màn h͠im̸s͘e̡lf͞.̕ Unlocked by Corrupting Vinny with the Corruption Blade
Stats:
HP: 1-3 (Corrupt Hearts)
Speed: 1-10
Strength: 1-10
Skill: .5-3

Isaac Vin:

A tribute to the game's main play-style inspiration. Unlocked by collecting 1 of every Heart type.
Stats:
HP: 4 (1 Corrupt, 1 Armor, 1 Frozen, 1 DAHK)
Speed: 3

Scoot Vin

SCOOT! Unlocked by collecting all 3 "Scoot" items in 1 run.
Stats: (Starts with the Scoot Set)
HP: 3 (+1 from Scoot Helm)
Speed: 5 (+1 from Scoot Boots)
Strength: 1 (+1 from Scoot Tank)

Sponge

The classic forgotten Mario brother, here to suffer some more. Currently no way to unlock.
Stats:

Grand Dad

GRAND DAD?! Unlocked by Corrupting Sponge with the Corruption Blade.
Stats:
HP: 3 (Corrupt Hearts)

S

Sharks

Enemies: Not too many currently, but we've got

Zomboni

Just your average Zomb. Follows the player, but can only move directly Up, Down, Left and Right.

VineSpider

This sneaky bug disguises itself as a VineShroom, and will leap at you if you get too close. Once it's revealed, it'll keep leaping at you every few moments.

Items

VineShroom

Just heals 1 heart.

S

Sharks

Weapons
These replace your cursor and are what you use to attack.

Sword

Just a sword.
Stats:
Attack: 1
Effect: None

Vine Blade

A Vinesauce themed blade.
Stats:
Attack: 3
Effect: 10% chance to Root enemies.

Ice Blade

A cool sword.
Stats:
Attack: 2
Effect: 5% chance to Freeze enemies.

DAHK Blade

DOOD IT'S DAHK.
Stats:
Attack: 10
Effect: 5% chance to turn enemies DAHK (DAHK enemies become red and have upgraded stats)

Schut Blade

Dis no Babby gam. Also no infringerino.
Stats:
Attack: 3
Effect: Fires a bullet from the Player towards the Cursor that deals 10 damage.

Corruption Blade

Legend says this blade belonged to the legendary Chaos Warrior Sen.
Stats:
Attack: 7
Effect: 10% chance to Corrupt anything clicked. (Corrupted Enemies gain a random color scheme and have their stats randomized)

Help wanted, artists, coders, if you're interested in helping, we want you. if you want to just make a quick small contribution, things we're currently looking for include
Joel Sprite (Same style as Vinny and other character Sprites)
Bee Enemy
Floating Brain Enemy
"Poptart the Forsaken" large boss
Korok Enemy
Centipede Enemy
Mr. Dink Enemy
Goose Enemy
Skeleton Enemy
Tiny Robot Vinny Item
Dinknado Item
Scoot Helmet/Tank/Boots items
Bad PC item

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Matt Hawkins

That's a pretty good idea. If Vinny plays your game in one of his videos you'll get some good exposure for your work.
Your sprites look cool too btw :)

S

Sharks

Where is Joel?
Like I said, I'm looking for a Joel sprite right now, long hair has proved hard to do for me lol

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sharks

That's a pretty good idea. If Vinny plays your game in one of his videos you'll get some good exposure for your work.
Your sprites look cool too btw :)
Thanks!