Beta Viktor, a Steampunk Adventure

A

Aleksandar Gavrilovic

Hey guys,

I've been programming this point and click adventure for about 2 years in GameMaker: Studio and It's soon going to be finished.

It's about a wild boar who wants to become the emperor of Austria-Hungary. It draws heavily on the Monkey Island series but it's more offensive and has less monkeys (more boars though).

It's been greenlit on Steam and we got some backer money via IndieGoGo last year. The game will be out in September I think. It's in BETA testing phase right now.

You can follow us on Twitter or Facebook and you can find all info on our web page.

If you like it, here are some pictures:

This is Viktor's living room / bathroom / bedroom. He's poor but not for long.

He got fired from street sweeping because of stuff like this:

Here's the intro animation (that's our very own soundtrack by the way!)

And here is us, the team behind this game:

A

Aleksandar Gavrilovic

Here's a couple of pics more:

Tesla's lab:

This is the dirigible station in Agram, Viktor's home town:

There's like a billion more but let's not spoil everything.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
The art style is fantastic! I love how coherent everything is, and from the looks of it, it's pretty optimized to be language-neutral so that localization problems can be minimized.

A

Aleksandar Gavrilovic

Yes! Even better, all the game conversations are taken from an included text file so they can be sent to translators and they can work with it without the need to go through the code :)
Which is very needed, because the game already has 10.000+ words :D

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Oooh, that sounds pretty sweet. It could maybe even open up for fan-translations to completely new languages and such once you do get the game on Steam. :3 (At least if you get a following in some obscure country you couldn't feasible cover before release)

A

Aleksandar Gavrilovic

Yeah, we also put another file in the included files which basically tells the program where to put which items and what they do so someone could actually make a completely different game (or at least a mod) if they wanted to :D

A

Aleksandar Gavrilovic

Viktor can't order a drink...

But nobody is mad like mr. Hyde...

Anyway, the bar in Prague is a place where Viktor meets all sorts of cool people. Dr. Jekyll, a bunch of anarchists, even his future love - the zebra Matilda. Here's another patron of the bar, Franz Kafka (when not in cockroach form of course):

A

Aleksandar Gavrilovic

Here's more:
Tesla is not happy about Viktor thinkering with his Coil!

Kill the roaches (one of many minigames):

A

Aleksandar Gavrilovic

Here's some more youtube videos and we also made a trailer for the upcoming gamedev Radius Festival in Vienna:

And a cool graphic of how we create rooms:

A

Aleksandar Gavrilovic

The game is almost finished you guys! We have only 2 more levels to add, a crazy "mushroom trip" level and the final boss fight with the Austrohungarian emperor!
Here's the first draft of the "mushroom trip" scene just so you get the jist of it :)

A

Aleksandar Gavrilovic

Merry Xmas, gamedev people! To commemorate XMAS 2016, here's a moose skeleton from dr. Frankenstein's lair in Viktor:

A

Aleksandar Gavrilovic

OK, who wants to beta test this thing and let me know what you think? Please PM me :)