Viewing only loaded texture pages in debugger

kupo15

Is this possible with the current debugger? I pause my game, refresh the textures symbol and every texture in my game appears to be loading then the debugger crashes presumably out of memory. The little help bubble says "show all in use textures by the game" but it doesn't seem to reflecting how I set up my texture groups

kupo15

This logs some info in the console.
GML:
texture_debug_messages(true);
thanks, looks like I already do this. Kinda strange that the debugger doesn't only show active surfaces. Guess its just a quirk otherwise my game wouldn't be running regardless. It was just strange to see all those textures in the debugger I didn't see in my console

kupo15

yes I do all that. I even tried viewing the textures at game start when only one TP is loaded at the title screen and it still shows all of them

Well, to my knowledge, you have to believe what the console says with loading/unloading texture pages.
The "wheel/arrow" symbol, I'll be honest and tell you straight away, I havent figured the mofo yet. I do seem to get the same behavior than you.
I did not test this, but I know GM won't use texture swaps if 4 or less texture groups are used, so **my idea is maybe** it just shows those up-to-4 textures. Either that, they show all of them permanently, or something evades me totally.

Now, when your game is large with a lot of artistic resources, it may be that the way GameMaker Studio 2 automatically creates these pages is not the optimum for getting the most out of the target device, due to the fact that if a room in your game needs resources from 4 different texture pages, the device will have to swap these pages into and out of memory constantly, which may cause a loss in performance. To that end, you have the option to tell GameMaker Studio 2 what images are to be placed on any specific texture page by assigning them to specific Texture Groups. The final aim of this is to minimise the number of swaps being done in a game at any one time texture pages can added from the Texture Groups window .