• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker View is zoomed in?

JadeMonsuta

Not sure if I'm dealing with an issue with code or a bug with the engine itself, as I didn't even mess with the viewports for this new room.

Other rooms share the same viewport / camera settings, and all appear properly, but the rooms I've made for "Level 5" >, are all zoomed in with this strange appearance

I'm genuinely stumped, it seems to be very zoomed in onto the upper left part of the room,
as I can see the background still being rendered thanks to the movement and color,
Also the fact that I can see the character if I move myself to the top left of the room.
The only thing that's really unique about this stage is that it has an animated background, whereas others have backgrounds that do move using the speed settings for backgrounds, though none of them are animated in their sprites.

If you need to examine the code in full, please send me a PM, as I'm not keen on revealing code in public.
Create event:
Code:
jumping = 0
walking = 0
jumps = 12
pain = 0
💩💩💩💩 = 0

cooldown = 0;

accel = 0;

instance_create (-1,-1,obj_fadein)
Step event:
Code:
action_set_relative(true)
///Unlag

instance_deactivate_object(obj_mushmite);
instance_activate_region(__view_get( e__VW.XView, 0 ), __view_get( e__VW.YView, 0 ), __view_get( e__VW.WView, 0 ),__view_get( e__VW.HView, 0 ),true);

if place_free (x,y+3)
{
sprite_index = spr_duri_fly
}
else
{
    if 💩💩💩💩 = 1
    {
    sprite_index = spr_duri_prepbag
    }
    else
    if walking = true
    {
    sprite_index = spr_duri_walk
    }
    else
    {
    sprite_index = spr_duri_stand
    }
}

if
pain = 1
{
image_alpha = choose (0,1)
}
else
{
image_alpha = 1
}

if place_free (x,y+1)
    {
    gravity = 0.145
    }
    else
    {
    jumps = 12
    gravity = 0
    }
with (obj_gui)
{
if birbhealth <= 0
{
instance_destroy(all)
game_restart();
}
}
[Other events not included due to them not having to due with drawing or views at all]

I have tried cleaning (CTRL + F7), and that bears no changes to the issue.