• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Video tutorials

C

Cole Train

I was wondering if there are video tutorials that use the actual tools of the program more often than just going straight to coding? I got this system so I could start small and not have to code. Thank you

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
D&D doesn't really make things that much more abstract and easier to understand, it's mainly easier because you can see the palette of all the building blocks at your disposal. And I guess the icons and descriptions also make them less abstract. However, it's a lot easier to share code on the forum, and learning code will be useful if you ever plan on pursuing 'real' programming, so try not to be afraid of it - once you try it, you'll ask yourself why you didn't try it sooner.

W

Wild_West

D&D doesn't really make things that much more abstract and easier to understand, it's mainly easier because you can see the palette of all the building blocks at your disposal. And I guess the icons and descriptions also make them less abstract. However, it's a lot easier to share code on the forum, and learning code will be useful if you ever plan on pursuing 'real' programming, so try not to be afraid of it - once you try it, you'll ask yourself why you didn't try it sooner.
That's true, I was hopeless at game maker until last year but now that I know coding I look at the D&D and I can see how much simpler coding it all yourself is.
Especially when you use the color coding in preferences to better mark what's a keyword, built in variable, boolean, or an actual function.