• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Video Playback

T

TitanAnteus

So I see that Video Playback's on GMS:2's roadmap.

That's really good news, but then I checked and it was on the roadmap since early 2018. Oh noooo...

I hope the devs don't consider this a low value project and keep putting it off. Having videos be able to play on all platforms would be a significant boon, and even if it's limited to windows only, I think it would be great if it was native to GM since no one has access to the render pipeline (why so secretive here anyway?) I'm pretty sure that's the reason GM is not recent with its version of Spine.

But with native support we should definitely get faster access to the video files, and better looping videos with actual depth control!

Like a background that's just a looping video so it gives the project more oomph in presentability on the title screen.