• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

HTML5 Victor & Valentino Monsters in the Closet

R

Rekenq

Hi Forum!

I'm very happy to present to you Victor & Valentino Monsters in the Closet.
Screen.PNG

This is a game for one of Cartoon Network's newest series, Victor & Valentino. Monsters in the Closet is a rouge-lite top-down type of game where you are transported into a maze filled with monsters made out of clothes, so you will need to shoot your way out of it. There are upgrades, different types of weapons you can use and also items inside the maze that you will need to collect/buy in order to power up and beat the enemies.

Game.PNG

The game is currently available on Cartoon Network's website for Mexico, Brasil, Argentina and other Latin American countries, though I'm not sure if the same is true for the US website at the moment of writing this, if it isn't I'm sure it will be there soon. The game was built to support 3 languages (Spanish, English and Portuguese) and it also works on mobile devices!

Here's the link to the game (Spanish version):
https://www.cartoonnetwork.com.mx/juego/monstruos-en-el-armario/play

About the team:
I'm part of a small video game studio based in Guadalajara, Mexico called Cosmogonia. Up to 6 dev people were involved in this project at some point though only 3 of them were working full time on this, a game designer / animator, an illustrator, and a programmer, yours truly :)

There were many challenges on this project and I want to give a special thanks to @YellowAfterlife and @Pixelated_Pope for being so helpful to me and, from what I've seen, for being awesome contributors to the Game Maker community. This was the first time I've ever used Game Maker and so the game has some rough edges but I'm proud of the result nevertheless.

Thanks for your attention and have a nice day!