• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Very low fps on high-end gaming laptop

Hello, I have a performance issue and it looks like a GMS2 bug. I set the game speed to 60 and my gaming laptop shows about 40 frames. There is only 1 empty object in the project room with a draw gui that shows fps, nothing else. When I set fps to 120 or 144, draw text shows the same fps in the game, but it's still wrong fps. I checked it this way: two clients (android and pc, both locked at 60 fps) are connected via udp and send ping every second (alarm = room_speed). In a minute or two, I can already see the PC lagging behind the smartphone. I checked the fps and saw that I had about 40, which is ridiculously low, and my laptop has no integrated graphics, only RTX 2060. Then I set the game speed to 144, and an hour later I saw a lag of about 2000 packets, again android is ahead of the pc. If I hadn't noticed 40 fps on my PC, I would have thought that the problem is in my phone. What can I do? I have not tried the YYC compiler yet, can this be the case? I have the latest version 2.3.1.542 and a fresh project (just one room 500x800 without views, with one object drawing on gui and waiting for 2 buttons).

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
There's a setting called "sleep margin", try setting that to a really high value (e.g. 1000) - there's a known issue where Windows thinks your game is a background process and stops prioritizing it if it's too efficient, and setting the sleep margin high enough so that it never sleeps will prevent this.

Wow really, my project had 1, but the default should be 10, right? It looks like this value was overwritten by the imported project ... Thanks a lot, the problem is solved :)