Job Offer - Programmer Vector Shape functions

DesArts

Hi! I need two paid jobs done to save a lot of time. You can apply for one or both!

Info:
By vector shapes, I mean a closed polygon where some lines can be straight, some can be Cubic beziers. Much like Adobe Illustrator.
Constructed like the following:
  • a list of points like x0, y0, x1, y1, x2, y2, x3, y3, x4, y4...xn, yn etc.
  • another list containing if each line is a bezier,
  • another 2 lists containing the first and second bezier x, y points for each line.
  • Anti clockwise (just happens to be how it's set up atm).

1: Freehand Drawing
What I need is a freehand 'pen tool' which can automatically make one of these polygons with one click and drag. And will do it smartly, detecting corners and curves.

A simple standalone system which will reliably and nicely allow for freehand drawing of the closed vector shapes.

The freehand drawing would need to be converted into a closed polygon which makes use of both straight lines and curves where needed, and detects nicely where to add a point when the user makes a corner and a curve where the line is curved. Does not need to be realtime, can be generated with an already made set of freehand points or another method.

2: Boolean operations

With 2 closed polygons overlapping (the exact same type as explained above, can have beziers as well) I need the 'pathfinder' operations from illustrator replicated.
Specifically:
  • Cutting one shape out from another.
  • Merging two shapes together.
  • Reduce to only overlapping areas.
It would remove any holes that may result. and would avoid lines overlapping eachother.

The more modular the better!
Contact me to discuss pricing and specifics of the job!

Last edited:

DesArts

Still searching! Let me know if the images are confusing.

I will of course give much more information about what's needed, I know there's someone just right for this out there.