• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Variable Definitions Not Working With Source Control

FakeKraid

So, when I attempt to create Variable Definitions in spawn objects (for the benefit of level designers I am working with, so they don't have to free-hand code in the Creation Code box when they're placing enemies in the stage), I am getting the following error message in my Source Control window:

LibGit2Sharp Exception: Index and count must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: count

Then it tabs out of the variable definition box, and even if I manage to get the variable definition finished out in the GUI, the game pretends that it doesn't exist when I build to test. What is going on, and how can I fix this?

I'm getting the same error message. What's worse is that it keeps popping up whenever I try to do anything with sprites or rooms, making it almost impossible to get work done. I wish the error message would be a little more helpful in figuring out the problem.