• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS v2.2.4: splash screens? launch screens?

chirpy

So after a long while I'm recently building for iOS again, with latest GMS2 IDE v2.2.4.458 and Xcode 11, under mac OS 10.15 Catalina. One thing I noticed immediately after a successful build is that, now I need to supply all sizes of static splash screens for iOS.

Is this a new requirement from Apple? It looks like they don't recommend using static images:
https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/ios/icons-and-images/launch-screen/

I'm wondering whether we can safely replace the static images with a simpler black/grey screen (Xcode storyboard?). If there's a tutorial please let me know.