UWP UWP, Win10 and Xbox One, cursor problem.

AZAMATIKA

I can't hide the system cursor in my UWP GMS1.4 build on my Win 10 and Xbox One. The window_set_cursor(cr_none) and transparent cursor sprite not helps.

Someone know how to solve this problem? Because with that UWP useless in any case on GMS 1.4.

For example, how can i know, is it Win 10 UWP or Xbox UWP, to show/hide cursor?

I tried to put:
this.RequiresPointerMode = Windows.UI.Xaml.ApplicationRequiresPointerMode.WhenRequested;
into the Visual Studio 2015 project, because this line recommened by Microsoft, by i'm 0 in c#, but thought that created Release and Debug projects implements UWP gms project :p

Last edited:

AZAMATIKA

New tests and thoughts.
As i said before, i tried to implement some code in VS 2015 project.
I use VS 2015 14.0.25431.01 Update 3.
My Windows is 10, v.1709 16299.125 (latest one)

But there's another problem too. I use next code to check the gamepad for autoconnect if disconnected:
if (os_type=os_windows or os_type=os_linux or os_type=os_uwp) and (gamepad_is_connected(0) or gamepad_is_connected(4))
{
window_mouse_set(20,20);
cursor_sprite=-1;
window_set_cursor(cr_none);
egamepad=1;
}

On windows and linux all works fine. But in UWP there's 2 different ways.
1. UWP Win 10. windows_mouse_set not works, and windows_set_cursor not works too (i saw in patch notes, that it must work, yes). Gamepad works partly, for example, this not works, and gives me no response (in windows non UWP all is fine):
var gpX=gamepad_button_check_pressed(0,gp_face3) || gamepad_button_check_pressed(4,gp_face1);
if keyboard_check_pressed(vk_anykey) or mouse_check_button_pressed(mb_any) or
gpX
{
if gpX egamepadOK=1;
gpX=0;
room_goto(playroom)
}

The problem is, that in UWP win 10 this block of code works for me just once (!!!)
2. UWP Xbox One. Same, there's a Xbox black system cursos, but Gamepad works fine in all ways.

Last edited:

AZAMATIKA

Lol, i found one 'nice' stuff.
UWP compiler so bugged. Just once in all my tries i finally compiled it correct like on simple Win compiler, my screen resolution works fine, and gamepad too. But cursor still here.
But all anothers time on the first screen my screen resolution are broken, and gamepad (my code in previous message) works bad.

Total: YoYo gives and sells to us UWP compiler, that have no posibility to work properly. Nice job. I'm out of ideas, i just clear cache and press F5 hundred times, and have very different results sometimes with no changes in code. OKAY.

There's no UWP support in fact. What the heck? :angry:

But i have an idea - let's find out how to disable the cursor and compile over and over to get a correct result. I'm serious.

Last edited:
T

trentallain

Lol, i found one 'nice' stuff.
UWP compiler so bugged. Just once in all my tries i finally compiled it correct like on simple Win compiler, my screen resolution works fine, and gamepad too. But cursor still here.
But all anothers time on the first screen my screen resolution are broken, and gamepad (my code in previous message) works bad.

Total: YoYo gives and sells to us UWP compiler, that have no posibility to work properly. Nice job. I'm out of ideas, i just clear cache and press F5 hundred times, and have very different results sometimes with no changes in code. OKAY.

There's no UWP support in fact. What the heck? :angry:

But i have an idea - let's find out how to disable the cursor and compile over and over to get a correct result. I'm serious.
What if you set the cursor right off the screen so it can't be seen?

AZAMATIKA

In UWP it not works (window_mouse_set(20,20) i use).
And i need to hide Xbox cursor anyways.
As i said before, there's a more problems with UWP as i expect.