• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

UWP UWP on Xbox and overscan border

gnysek

I've just started my journey with UWP on Xbox One, and from start I'm dealing with a lot of issues (performance is the first one, but that's yet to investigate).

I've noticed, that UWP games have a border around the game, thus limiting the game resolution to something like 1700x1000 (not exactly), even if I use window_set_size/position/rectangle to HD.

What I found, that all will work as I want, when I go to console Settings, then TV Output, and uncheck "allow overscan". Then, the game will display at 100% 1080 HD. But it would be a bad idea to instruct player, to go into options to enlarge the screen... the game should be allow to do it itself.

So, did someone solved this issue already? I've tried a different combinations of "set fullscreen" at start, change size of starting room and several more, but none seems to give me expected result. I want to have no border at all when I turn the game. I'm wondering is it a bug only in runner for "test runs", and may be fixed somehow?

rIKmAN

I've just started my journey with UWP on Xbox One, and from start I'm dealing with a lot of issues (performance is the first one, but that's yet to investigate).

I've noticed, that UWP games have a border around the game, thus limiting the game resolution to something like 1700x1000 (not exactly), even if I use window_set_size/position/rectangle to HD.

What I found, that all will work as I want, when I go to console Settings, then TV Output, and uncheck "allow overscan". Then, the game will display at 100% 1080 HD. But it would be a bad idea to instruct player, to go into options to enlarge the screen... the game should be allow to do it itself.

So, did someone solved this issue already? I've tried a different combinations of "set fullscreen" at start, change size of starting room and several more, but none seems to give me expected result. I want to have no border at all when I turn the game. I'm wondering is it a bug only in runner for "test runs", and may be fixed somehow?
This was an issue a while ago that was logged for 1.4, although Nocturne said the runners were the same so one didn't need to be submitted for GMS2 although it looks like this is either still an issue, or has resurfaced during updates if it was ever fixed.

The thread can be found here but I would suggest you file a new bug report regarding it as there is currently nothing logged on Mantis for this that I could see, and the old 1.4 report no longer exists.

gnysek

I will spam them with bugs then, it's a good time, as 2.3 isn't yet released, so they may include it during coming open beta ( I wish ).