UWP UWP Game Won't Start - Just Blinks Then Quits

I'm not sure if this is a particular bug, but for some reason after I have set up things required in the UWP game options, (as detailed in the help articles) when I press play to run the game on Windows it compiles for a minute or two, then it comes up like it's going to run, then all of a sudden it just closes. No error on the output or nothing. In fact, it shows SUCCESS in the output. Before GMS 2.3.0 when I used UWP, it all worked ok, with no problem.

I'm using a Local Host (My PC) using: localhost:50080
I'm running it in VM. (YYC does the same thing, but takes about 15 mins).
I have linked it with the app in the Microsoft Partner Center and installed the pfx file.
I have entered the package name in GMS2
I'm not using Xbox Live features, since I'm just testing UWP on my PC.
I have linked the Visual Studio 2017 and the UWP Tools paths in GMS2

I have everything that I know of set up, but it still isn't running.

Has anyone else using the UWP export having this problem?

Update:

It appears that the save file created by the Windows export was causing the crashing when trying to load. But now after delating the file the Windows export created, I see that the UWP export is not even creating a save file.

Last edited:

gnysek

Does empty project, or another small project works? Maybe (if your game is complex) you found some bug, would be good to make a copy of project and remove some stuff until it again works (especially remove all file saving/loading part if you think that it might cause a problem). After game will be again working, you gonna know what you just removed and what causes issues. You can create new project with only that remove part and check that it still fails on separate project too - and if - report it to YYG helpdesk, so they can fix a bug.

There are specific bugs on some exporters which crashes runner instantly thus returning "success". I encountered them several times in life, but usually changing code a little solved issue.

Does empty project, or another small project works? Maybe (if your game is complex) you found some bug, would be good to make a copy of project and remove some stuff until it again works (especially remove all file saving/loading part if you think that it might cause a problem). After game will be again working, you gonna know what you just removed and what causes issues. You can create new project with only that remove part and check that it still fails on separate project too - and if - report it to YYG helpdesk, so they can fix a bug.

There are specific bugs on some exporters which crashes runner instantly thus returning "success". I encountered them several times in life, but usually changing code a little solved issue.
No, it still is currently not creating a save file in other projects either. Even projects using different save files. I submitted a bug report to YoYo Games. I'm just waiting for their reply.