• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

UWP UWP Export error. What ip do I use? IGOR can't connect.

C

Cappa Games

I did everything in the setup, but I keep getting an error that IGOR can't connect to (ip address). (Trying to create a file gives the same error) What am I supposed to put as the host name? I tried so many things, nothing works. Then I boot up GMS1 that I haven't used in ages and UWP works no problem. I have no idea where to go from here.

rIKmAN

I did everything in the setup, but I keep getting an error that IGOR can't connect to (ip address). (Trying to create a file gives the same error) What am I supposed to put as the host name? I tried so many things, nothing works. Then I boot up GMS1 that I haven't used in ages and UWP works no problem. I have no idea where to go from here.
Are you trying to target Desktop PC, Windows Phone or Xbox One?

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
I followed this setup recently (last week) and it worked perfectly. The only gotcha was having to use the user name/password and IP:port from that device portal page.

Only thing I can suggest is look at your firewall, see if GMS2 is blocked.

C

Cappa Games

I followed this setup recently (last week) and it worked perfectly. The only gotcha was having to use the user name/password and IP:port from that device portal page.

Only thing I can suggest is look at your firewall, see if GMS2 is blocked.
Unblocked firewall, have the same problem. I tried repairing VS2015....same problem. (I noticed the regular desktop says to install VS 2017...I don't have this...dunno if it matters) I dunno what to do I did everything it said and it doesn't work. Made a new project and same issue. By the way I'm trying to build on the same computer I'm using.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
check that the IP you are putting in matches the IP address that the device portal gives you...

also try connecting to the device portal on your machine through a browser (any browser should be able to do it) just to check that there is not some other issue.

if you can do that then check to see on the Device Portal if the application you are trying to create already exists, if it does then delete the application from within the Device Portal and see if any error messages are given.

Russell

C

Cappa Games

check that the IP you are putting in matches the IP address that the device portal gives you...

also try connecting to the device portal on your machine through a browser (any browser should be able to do it) just to check that there is not some other issue.

if you can do that then check to see on the Device Portal if the application you are trying to create already exists, if it does then delete the application from within the Device Portal and see if any error messages are given.

Russell
I clicked on the Device portal ips and the website comes up as unsecure and stops me from connecting. Is this normal?

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Yes that can happen you should be able to click through though - it is happening because you have not set up a proper HTTPS certificate for your machine - On Chrome it should give you an Advanced Options (or some such wording) which when you click will give you the option to open it anyway.

Russell

C

Cappa Games

Yes that can happen you should be able to click through though - it is happening because you have not set up a proper HTTPS certificate for your machine - On Chrome it should give you an Advanced Options (or some such wording) which when you click will give you the option to open it anyway.

Russell
Alright, I clicked on it and I don't see the app....well, I seen a much older build of it and I removed it as you said. No error messages, although it does say "inbox apps can't be removed" underneath the box beside remove and start. (The app was removed from the list, though) It still won't connect in GMS2 whether I press play or try to build an app.

C

Cappa Games

Well, I installed GMS2 and Visual Studio 2015 on another computer, fresh, never had them installed before and I'm getting the same problem. So either I'm doing something wrong or it's broken...my guess is it's broken.