Windows UWP app loses saved data

So, I'm having trouble saving the data through a uwp runtime. The data is saved during pure testing through gamemaker, but does not save the txt file when running the uwp. Seems to be loading properly, but does not store the information when asked to save.

this is my save file:
Code:
file = file_text_open_write("level.txt");
file_text_write_string(file, string(global.currentLevel));
file_text_close(file);
and this is my load file:
Code:
file = file_text_open_read("level.txt");
global.currentLevel = file_text_read_string(file);
file_text_close(file);
I should mention, this is with using included files, so my presumption is that it should be packaged with the uwp, which I think it is because it reads that there is a file there. The problem now is that I can't write into it. Reasoning for included files was because the same process with ini files didn't work. I didn't dive deep in the binary side of things, but no luck from those file types either. My alternative option was to include files and this is the only option where the uwp app can read or see the file.

I'm lost on this, been trying to figure it out but got zilch. Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Bump as I'm having the same problem (regardless of if I use working_directory or not) and I'm starting to wonder if it isn't a bug to be reported to YYG.

Hey guys, somebody solve this problem? I have 3 games published on windows store, created with GMS2 on runtime 2.2.3.344. I had save / load file system working very well until now, after this update, the file system does not work anymore. The game can't create the file to read and my game crashes. To work and test my project, I need to change runtime and export. I don't see much people complain about this. I really tried change the system to assync load and save, but the problem it's the same. I very worried about that, because the games are published and I have about 100 new downloads by day.

rIKmAN

Hey guys, somebody solve this problem? I have 3 games published on windows store, created with GMS2 on runtime 2.2.3.344. I had save / load file system working very well until now, after this update, the file system does not work anymore. The game can't create the file to read and my game crashes. To work and test my project, I need to change runtime and export. I don't see much people complain about this. I really tried change the system to assync load and save, but the problem it's the same. I very worried about that, because the games are published and I have about 100 new downloads by day.
2.2.3 is quite old, have you gone through the other releases upto the current version to see which version it broke at?

If nothing in your code changed and there is nothing in the Release Notes regarding any changes to UWP in the updates then you should report it as a bug using Help > Report a Bug from inside the IDE.

Try and provide a small sample project showing the issue along with information on the version it last worked on, and the version(s) it is now broken on.

2.2.3 is quite old, have you gone through the other releases upto the current version to see which version it broke at?

If nothing in your code changed and there is nothing in the Release Notes regarding any changes to UWP in the updates then you should report it as a bug using Help > Report a Bug from inside the IDE.

Try and provide a small sample project showing the issue along with information on the version it last worked on, and the version(s) it is now broken on.
Hello! Yes, I already went through other runtimes and all of them after the one I use presented this problem. Inexplicable to me. Nothing was changed in the project at all. This is so worrying because after the launch of the games, I got a high number of users and I cannot make my project disposable. I appreciate the support. I reported it as a bug yesterday, creating a small project to demonstrate the defect.

Hello! Updating my status here. It really is a runtime defect. I opened a ticket and was informed that the problem is resolving after runtime 2.3. I feel more relaxed. Here's their answer:

Hello Jorge,

This should be fixed in the current Beta release, so you can either wait until the full 2.3.0 release (unfortunately, I can't give you a specific date for this) or you have the choice to install the Beta version and get the fix straight away and give it a check sooner.

You can find the current Beta installer on your YoYo Accounts download panel, and as the GMS2 beta system is an independent second installation of GMS2 (it is no longer an "opt-in" system within your current install) there is no change/risk to your current working environment if you want to try the Beta also.

I am confident this issue is fixed in that new version, so I will go ahead and solve the ticket just now. However, if you do still have issues in 2.3.0, then please create a new ticket with your sample again.

Thanks,
Dan
YoYo QA Department