• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Using "With" to address the draw event of an enemy instinctive from player

K

Krenzathal77

Hi all,

Is it possible to change the draw event of an instance using the "with" function? I'm trying to use it to change an enemy's rotation and x-scale from the player object frame by frame during a combat move. All my objects use the draw event so "image_angle" won't work, and the rotation can seemingly only be done with a draw_sprite_ext(), but using it with the "with" function doesn't seem to do anything.

Is there a special command that I can use to address the draw event of the enemy using "with", or would I just be better making a script and putting it in every enemy's draw event and activate it with a variable using "with"?

Thanks!

Nidoking

You don't seem to understand the difference between objects and instances. Once you learn that, you'll understand what you need to do.

samspade

Yes and no. Depending upon what exactly you mean and want to do. Also, depending upon what you want to do that may or may not be the best way to do it.

It would probably be more helpful to see the draw event of the enemy and to have you point out which variable in it you would want to change.

TheouAegis

If you are using draw_sprite_ext(), then what are you using for the angle argument of the function inside your enemy object? That's your answer.