• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker Using surfaces to draw a room inside another room?

R

Rukiri

Call me spoiled for using Godot, but is there a way to draw a room inside another room?
The reason for me asking is to simply things like inventory, needless objects/positioning, etc.

Binsk

Haha, yay Godot.

There is no way to run two rooms at once. They're akin to a root scene in Godot.

Closest you can get is rendering a room to a surface and maybe using the static result but nothing more.

rIKmAN

Call me spoiled for using Godot, but is there a way to draw a room inside another room?
The reason for me asking is to simply things like inventory, needless objects/positioning, etc.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean but you don't need another room to display an inventory.

You could use an object (or multiple depending on complexity) to control interaction and drawing etc.
You could also use surfaces to do the same thing and then just draw the inventory surface into the existing room.