• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Using Ini File (included files) on Mac causes game to not run

J

JasonDarby

I posted this in another thread, as I thought they were related, but probably not. Raised a ticket, not heard anything back. Thought I would post here....really need help, if anyone has any advice? I need to be able to move forward as I am running out of time to port my game. I havent even got to the main component part of the game yet, and it relies on lots of data, so to not be able to get it to work with an ini is pants :(

So I've added an ini file in the included files section. Now when running the game, it crashes and brings up a dialog box to send the crash report to yoyo.

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono exited with non-zero status (82)

elapsed time 00:00:14.6001060s for command "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono" /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.4.218/bin/Igor.exe -options="/var/folders/6c/p9nf26p576d40zb4lcfkk4200000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -- Mac Run started at 07/26/2018 12:50:43
FAILED: Run Program Complete

Have attached the ini file below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6lvuv4imsvayqb/Options.ini?dl=0

J

JasonDarby

Have now tested this on windows and it works fine with no crash.... blah. So it's a Mac issue.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great, I dont really want to work on windows, and at some point if I did I'm going to have to build it on Mac for the Mac version.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toque

Sorry I was just checking.....
I don't think there are many mac people here. Its a relatively new thing for macs........
Im quite new myself....

I guess my next test would be a very simple ini file in a new project. Does any ini file work? Or is it just something in your ini file?

If a ini file works but not yours then obviously its something with the way your ini file for that game......
If no ini file works then yeah thats a bug.

J

JasonDarby

I'm assuming the main way to use ini files is to use the included files option?

On windows it doesn't crash, but also doesn't read any info in... so at the moment just banging my head against the wall with GM. Simple stuff just isn't documented that well or just doesn't work in a user friendly fashion.

Well At least I figured out why it wasn't loading in the data, the file was called options.ini and GM doesn't like that file name (I renamed it in the included files section and then it worked). Be interesting to see if this is the reason why it didnt work on Mac.

Last edited by a moderator: