• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

HTML5 Using extensions makes screen turn black?

S

SheepDog123

// Greeting, ect.

Hello all.

Recently, I've been trying to create an extension that checks the url that the game is being played on. But, something odd is happening when I try to use the extension.

// Main

OK. so, when i use the extension, and run it (just by clicking the play button) it runs fine! It does everything that i expect it to do. (what i expect it to do is draw the url that the game is being played on)

But, if i compile it, and upload it and playtest it, whenever it calls the function, the screen goes black! (seen below) Help!!! What do i do??

// Tell everyone that i am a terrible programmer

I am a extension-newbie, so be descriptive with your answers..

// Rewards

Whoever solves this, will be prominintally featured in the credits to my game.

// Other

Here is the extension:

And here is where i call the function:

Thank you so much!! The gamemaker community is a lifesaver!!

Attachments

chmod777

Black screen usually means crash, so check the browser's console, there will be an error message that could help. Though I think it's certainly related to a JS thing in your extension.

S

SheepDog123

Black screen usually means crash, so check the browser's console, there will be an error message that could help. Though I think it's certainly related to a JS thing in your extension.
These are the errors that show up in the console.

unreachable code after return statement Boost.js:178:44
unreachable code after return statement Boost.js:178:89
Using //@ to indicate sourceMappingURL pragmas is deprecated. Use //# instead Boost.js:2159:277
Using //@ to indicate sourceMappingURL pragmas is deprecated. Use //# instead Boost.js:2213:331

They are completely cryptic to me, so.. help? o_O:(