• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Using a Mobile Measurement Partner (MMP) for a Snapchat campaign? (Using a iOS SDK in Gamemaker?)

jonahrobot

Hey everyone!

Context: I was doing some experiments with running ads on Snapchat for my mobile game and ran into a problem.

The Problem: To track downloads from Snapchat ads you need to use a third party API on Snapchat's list of partners. The thing is I can't find a way to use the SDKs from the partner list within gamemaker.

What I have done: I looked into an AppsFlyer Extention that's available for the marketplace but it only supports android, and I can't tell if it even works for gms2. Later I looked into GameAnaliyitics, which totally works with gms2, but they don't connect with Snapchat...

Now I'm stuck... so I made this post!

Has anyone experimented with MMP in their game? Or even have an idea on where I should start in making a iOS / Android SDK work with Gamemaker...

Thanks for your time,

Jonah

Edit: In case anyone has this problem in the future, use there SDK implementation guides (for iOS) (for Android) and make a Gamemaker Extention. After some tinkering, it works out pretty well.

Last edited: