• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

using a Mac computer running parallels with windows to compile an ios game

Lets say you have a mac computer and you have parallels on it.

https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/

this program makes it possible to "virtualize" a windows computer inside of iOS, surprisingly once properly optimized its quite a decent program.

i know it is possible if you have two mac computers, one running windows 7 and one running macos, that you can be able to transfer data from GMS on the win7 mac to Xcode on the macos mac and be able to compile an ipa file, for all intents it runs exactly as you would expect.

now for the question.

given that parallels allows for windows os to run on top of a mac os, all on one computer, how would i go about having GMS transfer the data to xcode by making GMS think the macos is a separate computer when in reality its all on the same machine?

both the mac os and the win os are able to run at the same time thanks to parallels, xcode is on the macos and gms on the win os, but i cant figure out how to make GMS target and transfer internally.

does anyone have experience in this or might know of a way to pull it off? im really hoping their might be a way to create an "all in one" computer for mobile development and given that i am right now able to compile, through parallels, to an ios machine sitting right next to it, its just a question of tricking the computer to transfer to itself.

thank you.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Set up the guest to use Shared Networking, then get the GMS in the guest to connect to the host's virtual adapter (see this article).

I use VirtualBox instead of Parallels, but the idea is more or less the same (NAT, 10.0.2.2).