Discussion Using 8 Xbox One controllers simultaneously?

MrOut

Hello there,

I'm looking for some technical stuff with regard to Xinput controllers, Game Maker and Windows 10.
I know from fact that Windows 10 can recognise a maximum of 8 XInput controllers connected simultaneously and I know Game Maker reserve the first 4 gamepad slots to Xinput controllers, the 8 others to DInput.
But is there any way to make Windows and/or Game Maker simulate the fifth XInput controller in DInput? Or the other way around?

Any kind of solution will be appreciated =)

Thanks.

MrOut

And yet, I can connect 5 Xbox One controllers to the wireless adapter. They are all recognized by Windows 10 simultaneously.
Even the product description states:
  • Supports up to 8 wireless controllers, plus up to 4 chat headsets or 2 stereo headsets.
Normally, an Xbox One can accommodate 8 controllers simultaneously. I guess there is a way to do so on Windows 10.

Thanks, The Sorcerer =)

L

Lonewolff

And yet, I can connect 5 Xbox One controllers to the wireless adapter. They are all recognized by Windows 10 simultaneously.
Even the product description states:
  • Supports up to 8 wireless controllers, plus up to 4 chat headsets or 2 stereo headsets.
Normally, an Xbox One can accommodate 8 controllers simultaneously. I guess there is a way to do so on Windows 10.

Thanks, The Sorcerer =)
Interesting.

I just had a look in the header files myself and the max controllers is defined as four. So it seems that it isn't something like out of date information on their page.

At the API level, XBox controllers can still be set up as DirectInput devices also. Maybe this is how they are getting around it. Don't know.

MrOut

I guess that doesn't works the same on Xbox One and Windows 10 then.
I was thinking to switch the fifth XInput controllers into DInput.
Thanks for your help, I will keep digging ;)

R

rocky balboa

The Xbox one is not supporting on my computer system. I have tried to connect the system with the Xbox One to do the file transfer of the games, but it is showing error and I need to fix ERROR CODE 0XC0000428 to get the things done.

M

Misty

My Xbox One controller works fine on my Windows 10. But as I am in poverty I can only afford 1 or 2. Have no idea if I can get 8 to run. The Xbox One controller only supports 4 player LED lights. What do you need 8 controllers for exactly, 8 player split-screen would be weird.