• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Users reporting graphical ****ups

11clock

Over the past month, I have had two users of my game report seeing this upon opening my game. It is very uncommon and I cannot replicate this myself. I do not really get it since both users have reported specs that are sufficient for playing the game.

The game was compiled last year in June most recently, and compiled through YYC.

RangerX

I had this before with trying a YYC compiled game on another Win10 computer. I never could find why. The only way I THINK I avoided it is to create an exe with a clean build, and I don't even know if it fixes the problems 100%.

But I suggest you try this anyways:

- On fresh boot, open gamemaker
- Open your project
- Do not change everything. If the broom can be clicked, click it so the target is clean
- Compile an exe

Then send it to the person to see if that happens. If it still happens, ask that person to put the latest drivers for their graphic card.

obscene

I had something similar happening with one user. Turns out he was on a surface pro with shared ram/vram. I had disabled textures on demand because my loading system was buggy but I fixed all that up, re-checked textures on demand and it seemed to clear everything up.

Not sure if it was the textures on demand feature itself or the overall memory reduction but something fixed it.