• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Username doesn't exist

T

Timorite2

Hello.

(Not sure where to post this, but it's probably here.) I'm trying to use my normal profile Timorite, but for some reason it doesn't seem to exist anymore. When I try to connect, or to reset my password, I get a message stating that it doesn't exist (using both my email address or username). Maybe it's been banned but I can't think of any reason why, I haven't been notified, and when I visit my old threads the profile seems very well active. Plus still I can recover my Gamemaker licenses, but not log in to the website.

It's important for me to recover it, there were private messages from a plugin creator which helped me a lot in my work. Plus my Gamemaker licenses were bought using this profile, I'm not sure I'll be able to upgrade later if necessary. :/

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
@Timorite2: I suggest you get your name changed to Timorite, because there's no reason for number 2 since there's no user called "Timorite" on this forum. You might want to contact Nocturne for that. As a bonus, you might ask for changed member title as well if you want, I guess he won't mind...?

That's because this forum is a fresh start compared to previous GMC forum, and the old forum is now merely stored as an archive for all public posts. Sadly, that means the private messages are gone as well, since all accounts information have been pretty much nuked. There has been announcements of the change before that, but you might not have been particularly paying attention back then, and I guess YYG staff didn't send warning mails to backup any data or anything... I doubt anything can be done now, alas.

A

Aura

Please contact the Helpdesk in that regard because nobody except YoYo can help with that.

Edit: I guess that you were talking about your old GMC account, and not about your YoYo account. If that is the case, you don't need it to update your copy of GM:S.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Timorite2

I understand, thank you for your answers. Indeed I didn't get that there was a new forum.

One question though, I'm not sure if the profiles are the same regarding the forum and the actual website where we buy licenses. Because I can't connect nor recover my password there either (although I still can ask for the licenses numbers by mail).

T

Timorite2

Oh I see that we can ask questions directly to the helpdesk now. Nevermind then, I'll ask them.

Thanks again.

A

Aura

No, the GMC account and the YoYo account are not linked in any way. The userbase data is stored on different databases.