iOS User is getting an ad that extends beyond the screen; I can't repro. Screenshot attached.

SIG.

A user has let me know that he's getting ads that extend beyond the screen, meaning he can't close them. I can't reproduce this issue. His screenshot is 1536x2048, which is exactly the same resolution as my iPad Air, but I don't get this problem (although I'm limited to test ads...).

Now, I actually did try to avoid exactly this. My ads are shown in their own room. An obj_ads loads with the room. In its Room Start event, it resizes the GUI to be the same size as the application surface:
Code:
display_set_gui_size(surface_get_width(application_surface), surface_get_height(application_surface));
Honestly, I wouldn't think this should do anything. Presumably the ads SDK is simply drawing to the entire display. I'm not sure why the size of either my application surface or GUI layer would affect that. But my theory was that my application surface would be the smaller of the two because I allow GMS2 to scale while maintaining the aspect ratio (i.e., letterbox) on squat displays like iPads. Thus, if the ad display were tied to the size of my GUI layer, I hoped that it would be contained in the smaller size of the letterboxed application surface.

I'm obviously not thinking about this clearly somehow. Any advice? At the least, any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this more? You can't test ads on a simulator, and I'm limited to test ads even on the device.

Edit: Google says "[Interstitial ads] are displayed in an iFrame that floats over the web page or app." I'm... not sure what to do with that, but just throwing it out there.

Attachments

Last edited:

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Extrapolating according to the placement of the ad's close button, it seems to be the right size if you turn it sideways. Could that be it?

SIG.

Extrapolating according to the placement of the ad's close button, it seems to be the right size if you turn it sideways. Could that be it?
Thanks for the idea, I'll play around with that. My iOS graphics options in GMS2 are set to allow only portrait and flipped portrait, but I'll take a look at XCode and just see if I can get it to glitch somehow by switching in and out of the app.

I've also asked him if he has any accessibility options like zoom or larger text enabled. I'll see what he says.