1. Hey! Guest! The 36th GMC Jam will take place between February 27th, 12:00 UTC - March 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Question - IDE User canceled certificate check

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Daniel Mallett, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Daniel Mallett

Daniel Mallett Member

I have had to format my PC a few times in the last six months. Each time I install gamemaker I reconnect all my repositories to git hub and import no problem.

This time I am getting an error I have never seen before.

Error: user cancelled certificate check:

I do not have SSL certificates set up and have not added any certificates on the gamemaker side. Just a password.

I have tried reinstalling GMS2 but it seems to retain your settings and does not uninstall properly which is naughty.

Any help would be most appreciated.

2. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

Check your %appdata% folder after you uninstall, all your setting should be in there.
    They don't delete them as if they did then everyone would lose their settings when we updated as the update just uninstalls the old version and installs the new one.

3. Daniel Mallett

Daniel Mallett Member

I have re-installed I have actually re formatted but am now getting this error Error: user cancelled certificate check:

4. Daniel Mallett

Daniel Mallett Member

I have actually formatted my PC several times now to try to get this to work. I'm totally buggered without source control. Please help :(

5. Luminous Wizard

Luminous Wizard Member

Ensure it's the same version of GMS you're installing and the same version of GitHub as before.

6. Daniel Mallett

Daniel Mallett Member

I have tried creating brand new projects and getting same problem.