Android User adjusted sleep margin?

C

CruelBus

I notice that my test device still gets a little warm during gameplay with the Android sleep margin set at 4ms.

I already have a 60fps / 30 fps option in the settings menu to help slower devices.
Since there are many different devices, would it be a bad idea to let the user adjust the sleep value for their device in a settings menu using display_set_sleep_margin() ?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
I mean who cares about little warm phones.?
Developers of games that are getting negative reviews on their published games because their players are facing this issue and disapprove of it. ;)

Since there are many different devices, would it be a bad idea to let the user adjust the sleep value for their device in a settings menu using display_set_sleep_margin() ?
Providing users with ways of fixing or avoiding issues on their own is never a bad idea. It always sounds better when someone contacts support and they tell the user that they might be able to fix it by changing this and that setting rather than the alternate response that gives off "thanks for telling us, we may or may not look into it and may or may not fix it in the next release" vibes.

Either way, a change related to this was made recently (the topic is about Windows, but this may affect other platforms as well). Please file a bug report so that the developers can keep track of this and fix it if turns out to be an issue with the recent changes (or an issue with anything else, for that matter).