• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Use Itunes song as Background Music GM1.4

I

Index0

Hi, I planned on using an Itunes song as a background music for my game, I know the code, I am just not sure how to get the Itunes song into GameMaker Studio 1.4, I sense that I have to turn the Itunes song into an MP3 file first, but when I try doing that in Itunes it displays a notification saying the song is protected (for copyright reasons I suspect).

I used this method when I attempted to convert song into MP3 file: http://askbobrankin.com/convert_itunes_to_mp3.html

I have already bought and stored the song in my Itunes library, is there anyway I can access this song and have it imported into GameMakerStudio?

Please be aware that this isn't a commercial project & so there shouldn't be a need to worry about copyright protection etc.

Thanks.

R

Rin-Rin

Even if you're planning on distributing the game for free that song is not yours to give away.
...you can only use copyrighted songs if you're planning on playing the game yourself. That's the only thing you've payed for...

edit: And get rid of itunes.
Meh, I like iTunes, its a decent program, so I vote for keeping it.