• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Urgent Help Needed: non-zero status (-1073741819)

IGameArt

For the past 5 or so months, I've been the sole developer working with Imagos Softworks to rebuild the game Starr Mazer DSP from the ground up in Game Maker Studio 2.

Everything was going great until yesterday I got the dreaded Runner.exe Exited with non-zero status (-1073741819) after messing with a couple of lines related to audio. I've since changed the lines I was messing with, commented out, deleted, added new lines, but nothing is working to get this compiling again. I fear that it's a bug in the compiler as I'm having issues with some of my other projects as well. Not all, but some. I've reinstalled GMS and rebooted my computer countless times. My code has no errors in it, it was compiling just fine until it decided to stop. Unfortunately thanks to NDA I'm not allowed to share any of my 30,000 lines of code, and thanks to the nature of the non-zero status error, I'm also not allowed to know where in my own code lies the problem.

Compiling with YYC I do get the following information however:
Z:/StarrMazer_96D6795E_221BB955/StarrMazerDSP/default/Scripts/gml_Script_script_execute_ext.gml.cpp:22:11: error: expected expression
local_arg=;
^
1 error generated.
Z:/StarrMazer_96D6795E_221BB955/StarrMazerDSP/default/Scripts/gml_Object_objEnemySmasher_Other_12.gml.cpp:48:10: error: no matching constructor for initialization of 'YYRValue'
YYRValue __arg22087__(YYGML_event_user(pSelf,pOther,6));
^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
X://yyc/include\YYGML.h:699:2: note: candidate constructor not viable: cannot convert argument of incomplete type 'void' to 'const YYRValue'
YYRValue( const YYRValue& _v ) {
^
X://yyc/include\YYGML.h:703:2: note: candidate constructor not viable: cannot convert argument of incomplete type 'void' to 'double'
YYRValue( double _val ) {
^
X://yyc/include\YYGML.h:708:2: note: candidate constructor not viable: cannot convert argument of incomplete type 'void' to 'float'
YYRValue( float _val ) {
^
X://yyc/include\YYGML.h:713:2: note: candidate constructor not viable: cannot convert argument of incomplete type 'void' to 'int'
YYRValue( int _val ) {
^
X://yyc/include\YYGML.h:718:2: note: candidate constructor not viable: cannot convert argument of incomplete type 'void' to 'long long'
YYRValue( long long _val ) {
^
X://yyc/include\YYGML.h:723:2: note: candidate constructor not viable: cannot convert argument of incomplete type 'void' to 'const char *'
YYRValue( const char* _pStr ) {
^
X://yyc/include\YYGML.h:694:2: note: candidate constructor not viable: requires 0 arguments, but 1 was provided
YYRValue() {
^
1 error generated.
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=164044.5895
Stats : GMA : sp=506,au=218,bk=0,pt=25,sc=772,sh=4,fo=0,tl=0,ob=247,ro=3,da=4265,ex=5,ma=161,fm=0xD000B21D79F62FA0
I have a very tight deadline, If I can't get this issue fixed soon, I'll be forced to start over from my last backup and lose days of work, that's close to another thousand lines of code down the drain.

Can anybody make sense of that block of errors?

Last edited:
Have you looked at your objEnemySmasher object? This line seems to indicate the error is in there:
Z:/StarrMazer_96D6795E_221BB955/StarrMazerDSP/default/Scripts/gml_Object_objEnemySmasher_Other_12.gml.cpp:48:10: error: no matching constructor for initialization of 'YYRValue'
YYRValue __arg22087__(YYGML_event_user(pSelf,pOther,6));

I can't remember what event the Other_12.gml relates to, but you could go looking at that file on your pc and open it in notepad to see which one it is before looking at it properly in the IDE.

Is it also possibly this:
Code:
local_arg=;
If local_arg is a variable that you have set up, then that does not look like it is defined properly (nothing being assigned to it).

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
In objEnemySmasher's User Defined 2 event you have a line like
Code:
some_func(event_user(6))
but event_user returns nothing, so YYC is upset about your actions.

IGameArt

Okay so I've corrected the issue with objEnemySmasher, and I'm left with the following error:
Z:/StarrMazer_96D6795E_65565E2D/StarrMazerDSP/default/Scripts/gml_Script_script_execute_ext.gml.cpp:22:11: error: expected expression
local_arg=;
Could this line be causing the problem?
Code:
var arg=argument;
EDIT: I've changed that line to a small code block that cycles through the arguments array and builds a new one using those entries instead of trying to just copy the argument array with the line arg=argument, but now the compiler crashes the non-zero status. Here's my full compiler output:

"cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE"

elapsed time 00:00:00.1400481s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE" started at 12/13/2018 15:06:40
"cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP"

elapsed time 00:00:00.1184528s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP" started at 12/13/2018 15:06:40
"cmd" /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.0.258"

elapsed time 00:00:00.1100995s for command "cmd" /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.0.258" started at 12/13/2018 15:06:40
Saving project to: D:\SubPixel Studios\Projects\Starr Mazer DSP\Starr-Mazer-DSP - Copy\StarrMazerDSP.yyp
"C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.0.258/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Windows Run

Loaded Macros from C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\StarrMazer_96D6795E_65565E2D\macros.json
Options: X:/bin\platform_setting_defaults.json
Options: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\chris_legasse_462\local_settings.json
Options: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\StarrMazer_96D6795E_65565E2D\targetoptions.json
X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe /c /zpex /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=8 /gn="StarrMazerDSP" /td="Y:/" /cd="Z:/StarrMazer_96D6795E_65565E2D" /zpuf="C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\chris_legasse_462" /m=llvm-win /tgt=64 /llvmSource="X://yyc/" /nodnd /cfg="default" /o="Y:/StarrMazerDSP_2DCCD5EB_YYC" /sh=True /optionsini="Y:/StarrMazerDSP_2DCCD5EB_YYC\options.ini" /baseproject="X:/BaseProject\BaseProject.yyp" "D:\SubPixel Studios\Projects\Starr Mazer DSP\Starr-Mazer-DSP - Copy\StarrMazerDSP.yyp" /preprocess="Z:/StarrMazer_96D6795E_65565E2D"
Reading project file....D:\SubPixel Studios\Projects\Starr Mazer DSP\Starr-Mazer-DSP - Copy
Reading project file....X:\BaseProject
Reading config delta 'D:\SubPixel Studios\Projects\Starr Mazer DSP\Starr-Mazer-DSP - Copy\options\main\inherited\options_main.inherited.yy'
finished.

X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe DONE (0)
Release build
OptionsIni
Options: Z:/StarrMazer_96D6795E_65565E2D\PlatformOptions.json
[Compile] Run asset compiler (YYC)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ""X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe" /c /zpex /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=8 /gn="StarrMazerDSP" /td="Y:/" /cd="Z:/StarrMazer_96D6795E_65565E2D" /zpuf="C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\chris_legasse_462" /m=llvm-win /tgt=64 /llvmSource="X://yyc/" /nodnd /cfg="default" /o="Y:/StarrMazerDSP_2DCCD5EB_YYC" /sh=True /optionsini="Y:/StarrMazerDSP_2DCCD5EB_YYC\options.ini" /baseproject="X:/BaseProject\BaseProject.yyp" "D:\SubPixel Studios\Projects\Starr Mazer DSP\Starr-Mazer-DSP - Copy\StarrMazerDSP.yyp" /bt=run"
Reading project file....D:\SubPixel Studios\Projects\Starr Mazer DSP\Starr-Mazer-DSP - Copy
Reading project file....X:\BaseProject
Reading config delta 'D:\SubPixel Studios\Projects\Starr Mazer DSP\Starr-Mazer-DSP - Copy\options\main\inherited\options_main.inherited.yy'
finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Global scripts...finished.
Final Compile...finished.
Writing Chunk... GEN8
option_game_speed=60
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... LANG
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... GLOB
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... EMBI
Writing Chunk... TPAGE
Texture Group - __YY__0sprGridFX_YYG_AUTO_GEN_TEX_GROUP_NAME_0
Texture Group - __YY__0sprGridFX_YYG_AUTO_GEN_TEX_GROUP_NAME_1
Texture Group - __YY__0sprGridFX_YYG_AUTO_GEN_TEX_GROUP_NAME_2
Texture Group - __YY__0sprGridFX_YYG_AUTO_GEN_TEX_GROUP_NAME_3
Texture Group - __YY__1spr_monitor_scanlines_YYG_AUTO_GEN_TEX_GROUP_NAME_0
Texture Group - __YY__2spr_monitor_blackbars_YYG_AUTO_GEN_TEX_GROUP_NAME_0
Texture Group - Default
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... TXTR
0 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_0.png...
1 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_1.png...
2 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_2.png...
3 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_3.png...
4 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_4.png...
5 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_5.png...
6 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_6.png...
7 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_7.png...
8 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_8.png...
9 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_9.png...
10 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_10.png...
11 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_11.png...
12 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_12.png...
13 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_13.png...
Writing Chunk... AUDO
Build for architecture - x86

linking StarrMazerDSP.exe
Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 10.0.10011.16384
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=118394.9294
Stats : GMA : sp=506,au=218,bk=0,pt=25,sc=772,sh=4,fo=0,tl=0,ob=247,ro=3,da=4265,ex=5,ma=161,fm=0xD000B21D79F62FA0

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe DONE (0)
DoSteam
Igor complete.
[Run] Run game
Options: Z:/StarrMazer_96D6795E_65565E2D\MainOptions.json
Y:\StarrMazerDSP_2DCCD5EB_YYC\StarrMazerDSP.exe
Attempting to set gamepadcount to 12
DirectX11: Using hardware device

Y:\StarrMazerDSP_2DCCD5EB_YYC\StarrMazerDSP.exe exited with non-zero status (-1073741819)
elapsed time 00:03:37.4284662s for command "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.0.258/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Windows Run started at 12/13/2018 15:06:41
"cmd" /c subst Z: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0960873s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 12/13/2018 15:10:18
"cmd" /c subst Y: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0805116s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 12/13/2018 15:10:18
"cmd" /c subst X: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.1101026s for command "cmd" /c subst X: /d started at 12/13/2018 15:10:18
FAILED: Run Program Complete

Last edited:

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Could this line be causing the problem?
Well, yes - `argument` is not an array in the usual sense

EDIT: I've changed that line to a small code block that cycles through the arguments array and builds a new one using those entries instead of trying to just copy the argument array with the line arg=argument, but now the compiler crashes the non-zero status. Here's my full compiler output:
It's nice to show what the code looks like when you say that you wrote code and it crashes

IGameArt

Code:
var arg;
var count = argument_count;
for (var i = 0; i<count; i++){
    arg[i]=argument[i];
}
EDIT:
This is odd, I've moved the code from a backup copy where I was just working, to the main project and I tried compiling again and I'm getting tons of errors just like this one:
Z:/StarrMazer_96D6795E_221BB955/StarrMazerDSP/default/Scripts/gml_Script_DSPPlayerApplyDamage.gml.cpp:66:21: error: no matching function for call to 'YYGML_ds_grid_get'
local_shouldDie=!(((YYGML_ds_grid_get((int)((int)/* First usage */sself_hPoints.asReal()),YYGML_CallLegacyFunction(pSelf,pOther,__ret1__,1,g_FUNC_round.val,__pArg3946__).asReal(),0)).asReal() > 0.5 ));
Oddly, all of my ds_grid_get calls are structured properly. I'm not sure what this is referencing other than maybe the compiler is generating syntax errors in it's compiled code. This is of course still with the YYC compiler.

Last edited:

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Oddly, all of my ds_grid_get calls are structured properly. I'm not sure what this is referencing other than maybe the compiler is generating syntax errors in it's compiled code. This is of course still with the YYC compiler.
When something weird happens with YYC, clear cache or manually remove the Scripts directory from it so that it could re-generate the C++ files.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
I've cleared the cache repeatedly. Where do I go to delete the scripts directory?
That's something else then. Can you show the line of GML code in question and subsequent lines of error where it says what it got and what it expected to get?

ed: if you've still got your Discord account, that might be faster