Upload to the marketplace

RizbIT

how do you upload an extension to the marketplace??

tried to upload using gms2 but im not sure if it actually uploads the extension

tried to manually upload the extension but what file do you select its always the wrong one?

it just says processing for days

Chaser

marketplace isn't working, and hasn't been for months. They are trying to fix it.
in the meantime, anyone from admin, why dont you Pin a topic in the marketplace section telling the community you are experiencing problems, might save everyone a lot of time!!!

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
You can upload from the web... make your project in GMS then find the YYMP project file and you can upload that through the web interface.

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
To create the YYMP file you need to go here:
in GMS2 IDE: Tools > Create Local Package

Then, you create a new version in the marketplace and upload the created file (.yymp)

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
You can upload from the web... make your project in GMS then find the YYMP project file and you can upload that through the web interface.
I've not had luck with that - the packages still get stuck on verification forever, no matter if I sign the local asset package or not.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I've not had luck with that - the packages still get stuck on verification forever, no matter if I sign the local asset package or not.
Okay, that's pretty bad... I was under the impression that this should work fine (I haven't updated any assets in quite some time so wasn't aware that this was such an issue). Can I request that everyone files a bug report about this, if you haven't already? The more people that mention it the more likely it is to be fixed sooner...

RizbIT

Il try the local method.

so when it says crea local package, thats like exporting an extension, then you cam import that into another project?

thanks guys for the advice

EDIT:
Created local package and went to markerplace to upload and now it wont let me login and say "Site is currently under maintenance "
Maybe theye fixing it up...

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Okay, that's pretty bad... I was under the impression that this should work fine (I haven't updated any assets in quite some time so wasn't aware that this was such an issue). Can I request that everyone files a bug report about this, if you haven't already? The more people that mention it the more likely it is to be fixed sooner...
I submitted a ticket, 172640.

Also, "report bug" link on the bottom of pages leads nowhere now:
1592311851455.png

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
@RizbIT Logins were down for a while there (there is an announcement in the official announcements forum) but they should be back up now.

RizbIT

for some reason it worked once. but that was an older version.

ive made the yymp package adding all the needed files and then set right version and package id and signed it.

all uploads get rejected on the marketplace

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
We have the ticket and our Web team are investigating why the asset is getting stuck. I had already bugged this one myself a couple of days ago and we do also have analytics/warnings for these fails, so we don't really need the extra bug reports, but thanks if you do send one. Similarly, the footer link to the bug reporting page being broken is bugged already and is being fixed soon.

However, I just wanted to comment on the "make a local package and upload that instead" comment. That is not a suitable workaround and you would/should only get a message that the asset package is not suitable (that it's missing its manifest). A local package is specifically for use outside the Marketplace and is intended for passing packages between team members, but could also be used for linking to in tutorials, selling on other sites/services, e.g. You can optionally codesign the local package to mark it as yours, but this still would not make it suitable for uploading to our Marketplace.

Also, sorry for the misinformation, but Mark's advice there is incorrect. It's not the .yyp project file you upload via the website; it's the .yymp file the IDE created for you when you tried Update Existing Package on the Marketplace menu and it failed. You try to upload normally and if it fails during the upload you can retrieve the package from the location which is written out in your compiler log and then use the website to upload that same file. This is primarily for users with unreliable internet or firewall issues with GMS2 itself, but everyone has the ability to do this on their Marketplace panel. It can be more reliable if the asset is larger than 20MB and so you're getting the "entity request too large error" - in this case, use the website to upload that .yymp file.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Okay, so yeah, it's not what I bugged the other day, but we have now looked into the package and it is a local asset being uploaded, so that wouldn't work (as I say above).

However, in investigating it we realised the reason for the "Unknown exception" message and that is because where this is a local package the filename was "wrong" as the Marketplace uploader is expecting a certain naming format which is used by actual Marketplace packages. We're going to make the exception say instead that the name format is wrong. We're also going to make that page clearer that you should not be uploading local packages here, only actual Marketplace packages.

We then noticed that the Create Asset page doesn't actually enforce this naming convention, and so we suspect a number of these long-term Marketplace upload issues centre around when the asset was first created, the package ID the person typed in did not meet the rules suggested in the helper text next to the field. We're going to see what we can do here to resolve this and just allow all package names to work, but for a quick fix you might want to create the asset again but this time with a com.something.something format (as requested on the page). If you have an asset which you have never been able to upload, see what package ID you typed in, and please do try creating a new asset and let us know if this then works.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
I have briefly discussed this now - the above seems correct - all of my assets use "cc.yal.name" packages and that was the issue,
1592324220840.png
So the upload fails, but I can go to %APPDATA%\GameMakerStudio2\<name>_<id>\Marketplace\Packages, add "com." prefix to the file name, and it will accept that.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Thanks for updating and confirming. We're investigating at the moment why our package ID enforcement was off previously and has now been restored.

To be clear, the intention is for us to remove this requirement asap and so no-one should change assets which worked previously and are live on the Marketplace - my suggestion above to create a new one would (as I said) only apply if you have recently made a new asset using an invalid package name and so it has never uploaded successfully and you're in need of resolving the issue right away and can't wait for us to fix this. It's entirely optional.

RizbIT

I have briefly discussed this now - the above seems correct - all of my assets use "cc.yal.name" packages and that was the issue,
View attachment 32101
So the upload fails, but I can go to %APPDATA%\GameMakerStudio2\<name>_<id>\Marketplace\Packages, add "com." prefix to the file name, and it will accept that.
yes if you set the package name as com.publisher.name it then uploads on the web uploader

this is a workaround that works but will have to be fixed in order to upload others that dont conform to com.xxx.xxx format