Upload project for tutorial help?

Discussion in 'Community Chat' started by tagwolf, Jul 28, 2019.

1. tagwolf

tagwolf Member

Does anyone know best practice or if the forum supports uploading a GMS2 project or zip file to attach to a forum post. I have multiple projects I want to share and write up a tutorial page for but some of them are too complex to use code brackets for every single thing.

Thanks for any assistance or advice.

SilentxxBunny likes this.
  2. Lonewolff

Lonewolff Member

Dropbox

3. chance

chance predictably random Forum Staff Moderator

I don't believe you can upload anything but images to the GMC (others should correct me if I'm wrong).

Many tutorial authors use free file hosting services, and then post the link. There are many good sites available -- just avoid sites that require your viewers to create an account to get the download.

Regardless, posting some critical section of code in the tutorial topic is a good idea. This gives members (and moderators) some idea of the complexity (and quality) of the tutorial without having to download a file.

Nocturne and SilentxxBunny like this.
  4. SilentxxBunny

SilentxxBunny Epsilon

Yes, and host-a.net seems to be a free, and reliable option.

Good luck and thanks for taking the time to create/share tutorial content with us. Old foggies like me really benefit from that sort of thing. :)

Nocturne and tagwolf like this.