• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Upgraded from free trail and now game crashes upon loading new room

R

ravenzero2000

I started making a game with my 30 day free trial and decided to buy Gamemaker to keep going with it. The game launches like normal and you can navigate the options, but upon pressing "Start" the whole thing freezes and I have to close it through task manager. If I try to launch the first game level first instead of the menu, it doesn't even pop up with a window but registers that it is running. I then have a Room that i use for a cutscene and Level2.

If I try to launch the second level first (after hard dropping the player object into the room), it launches but starts running dialog code that is supposed to trigger on level1 once you interact with an object. Then it crashes.

I didn't do anything besides upgrade my account though. Can anyone help?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Could you supply the output logs for when you compile? Without seeing those we really have nothing to go on. (please put them in spoiler tags)