• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX updating gamemaker.

jermaine

so i just got a new computer,but problem is on my previous computer,i didnt dare to update my gamemaker as i was in the middle of a game and i didnt want progress to be gone
its my first time updating btw.
so when i was trying to shift my progress to my new computer,it said something about a new version and at the background what looked like a bunch of errors popped out.
i cannot garuntee they were errors,im just taking a guess.
and after i clicked ok,the whole project was empty.i went out and went back in,still empty.
this might be because before i opened the project,i have not downloaded all the original sprite images to my new computer yet.(idk if im correct but the more details the better rit?)
does this mean i have to finish this project on my old computer first?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
No, that means something went wrong during the import. Start up your favorite screen recording software, import a fresh copy of the project and see if you get the same thing. If you do, watch the recording to see what is actually going on, rather than guessing.