• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Updating extensions from marketplace used in project

A

Archer6621

Not sure if I'm missing something, but I cannot find any way to update marketplace extensions from others that I use in my own project.

I can re-import the assets, but for some funny reason this will create duplicates of all those assets suffixed by a 1, instead of overwriting them as I would expect. This is highly annoying with extensions that contain quite a few assets.

Is there really no easy way to update an extension from the marketplace that you use?

A

Archer6621

Nevermind, seems that it was taking a while for the update icon to appear, which confused me.

A

Archer6621

Actually.. It doesn't work???

I click on the exclamation mark to download the update, but the assets from the extension did not change.

I had to delete all its assets and re-import it to see any sort of code changes. What's up with this?