• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

HTML5 Updating cache when updating a game

dawidM

Hello, I have a problem. I create a HTML5 game with Gamemaker and I have one challenge. My game takes only 30 mb, so usually if a user launches it, it downloads assets to cache. It's fine I like it but... when I update my game and put the new version to the same url, then the users who tried out the previous version don't get the new version of this game, because the browser doesn't know that it should download the game assets again. How to force the browser to download the assets again but only in case of a game is updated?

obscene

Never used the HTML5 export, but I would assume this would be done by either updating the version number or if that doesn't work to change the filename.