• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Updating an asset to GMS2?

S

Sam (Deleted User)

The update asset button is greyed out in the desktop edition, does this mean I can't upload the GMS2 versions of my extensions yet? I noticed some users, who aren't YoYoGames, have managed to upload GMS2 versions of their assets, (the icon indicating that in the top left hand corner), so I just wanted to double check if there is a way to do this yet.

Thanks.
Samuel

xygthop3

I've updated a bunch of my assets to include a GMS2 version, the process is much more streamlined then the GMS1.4 Marketplace upload system.

Be warned tho, there is currently a bug on the Marketplace with assets that have both GMS1.4 and GMS2 downloads. If users don't own a GMS2 license they can no longer download the GMS1.4 version.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

In that case I'll just wait until they have that bug sorted out. Thanks for the info. :)

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Thanks Russell, good to know. :)

However, no one has answered the question yet, being specific, how do I submit the GMS2 version of my assets, since even though I have the desktop edition, the button is still greyed out?

zbox

GMC Elder
I've been uploading plenty (well a few) of GMS2 assets, just under "Update Asset/Package" ?

xygthop3

However, no one has answered the question yet, being specific, how do I submit the GMS2 version of my assets, since even though I have the desktop edition, the button is still greyed out?
Have you tried deleting your license key? after deleting it you will be prompted for you username/password again to login to GMS2 and it will generate a new key.

Last edited:
S

Sam (Deleted User)

err it should be working fine... have you tried doing a logout and then login again???

Russell
Trying it now.

Edit:

Buttons are no longer greyed out.
Thanks for everything guys! :D

Last edited by a moderator: