• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Updated to Target 28 Android

kupo15

I'm confused on what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to put something on the play store but apparently I'm not targeting the latest devices. Currently targeting 23 but it needs to be 28.

I change my settings to 28 but the compile fails
upload_2019-11-23_19-33-37.png

I believe I have the right sdks, target 23 works
upload_2019-11-23_19-34-13.png

upload_2019-11-23_19-34-45.png

upload_2019-11-23_19-38-9.png

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to update the SDK location as well? Do I need to do something with the NDK or JDK? This is all foreign to me

Mert

What does the compile log says? What's the error?

And that version is way too old, it's not Game Maker Studio 2!

kupo15

What does the compile log says? What's the error?

And that version is way too old, it's not Game Maker Studio 2!
Sorry, the legacy forum is going away and didn't now where else to go. I only have android for 1.4

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':com.companyname.Mexico_Golf'.
> Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':com.companyname.Mexico_Golf:_debugApkCopy'.
> Could not find com.android.support:support-v4:28.1.1.
Required by:
project :com.companyname.Mexico_Golf

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 3.579 secs
cmd /c "subst /d Z:"

Lint Build report available at C:\Users\lemme\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\Mexico_Golf\Android\Default\com.companyname.Mexico_Golf\build\outputs\lint-results.html
Create finished: 7:44:38 PM

kupo15

Legacy forum is going away, but the technical subforum will not.

As for your question, it obviously cannot find your Android Support Library. Try 28.0.1
Ahh sorry, maybe @Nocturne can move this thread there.

Tried it and still failed
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':com.companyname.Mexico_Golf'.
> Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':com.companyname.Mexico_Golf:_debugApkCopy'.
> Could not find com.android.support:support-v4:28.0.1.
Required by:
project :com.companyname.Mexico_Golf

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 10.942 secs
cmd /c "subst /d Z:"

Lint Build report available at C:\Users\lemme\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\Mexico_Golf\Android\Default\com.companyname.Mexico_Golf\build\outputs\lint-results.html
Create finished: 8:00:56 PM

Is my path to the sdk not correct?

And here is what is in that folder
upload_2019-11-23_20-2-29.png

EDIT:

Figured it out! The support build was supposed to be 28.0.0. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

I guess I have to get it for GMS 2 because Googleplay requires 64 bit. Darn. Oh well I guess its a good investment, now I can fully migrate to GMS2

Last edited: