• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Update Visual Studio 2022.

J.Barrero

Automatic translation (sorry for errors)
-----------------------------------------------
Hi Gamemakers,
I have had problems updating Visual Studio 2022, with the references, from the 'vcvars32.bat' file, On Windows platform, using YYC (YOYO COMPILER) mode. In Virtual Machine it works without problems, but I think that YOYO, recommend YYC mode, for better performance.
Well, the correct file, I think it's been moved. If you have the same problem (it worked for me), the correct path is:
(File > options > platform preferences > Windows)

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvars32.bat

I have VS-2022 Community x64 installed.

Good luck.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
V2022 is not an officially supported version of Visual Studio right now, so I would recommend using VS2019 as explained in the supporting documentation:

J.Barrero

V2022 is not an officially supported version of Visual Studio right now, so I would recommend using VS2019 as explained in the supporting documentation:
Automatic translation.
-------------------------------------
It may not work with all games, which I have tested on, it compiles and builds the final package correctly.
Obviously, it is better to follow the recommendations of Yoyo Games.
Thank you very much.