OFFICIAL [Update: Now over!] Humble GameMaker Bundle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I got the last bundle, and got this bundle. I already own Master Collection, got good deals there too, starting with the GM4HTML5 thing. The licenses I got from the last bundle I was able to give to somebody, but I don't have a destination yet for the ones from this bundle.

Truth is, my primary reasons for buying the bundle is for source access(I'm not new to GML, but you can always learn from other peoples' code, even if as an example of what NOT to do), and simply to support the company and charities.

Z

zendorf

Scraped in at the last minute to buy the bundle. Not that I really need it as I already have 2 licenses of GMS, but I could possibly uses the IOS or HTML modules some day, as I didn't have them.

This also gives me an excuse to create a first post on the new GMC :) Hopefully I will finish the game I have been working on for the last 2 years before GMS2 is released, which will only be a distraction!

ShaunJS

Just Another Dev
GMC Elder
Update: The bundle is now over!

We raised over $2.8 million! More than 3 times last year's bundle. We want to thank all of the excellent developers for taking part, and of course all of you who supported and purchased the bundle.

If anyone needs help redeeming their products, see our guide here.

DanMunchie

Just got my Steam keys - I already had GM: Pro with Android and iOS.
Ubuntu and HTML5 work fine, but the license email does not have a Steam key for UWP.
Am I missing something?

Edit: I got a reply from support saying "The UWP Module is not on Steam I am afraid."
...damn

Last edited:

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
So we're possibly gonna get 230k new members overnight now? Cool! :D
*files moderation vacation forms*

V

Vectrex71

I bought this Humble Bundle Offer and it's great ! I'm coming from "Stencyl" (another Game Engine) to "Game Maker Studio" and it's awesome ! I'm very happy to be here and i want to say THANK YOU YOYO GAMES to make this offer available for me and others !

R

Ralf Kostka

Just a question:

Is it possible to gift the unneeded Humble Bundle Codes for GMS to someone? (Codes for GMS and Android module left (the others i needed myself!)

I bought GMS before for a big bundle of money :) and now i have a second license code i dont really need.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

felicks

Oh crap. I just got into GameMaker, love it, and want to work on it. Now I saw I missed that Bundle by like two weeks.

Is there any way to get a Hand on it still? Guess reselling is not allowed, rightfully so.

I want to shoot myself. :D

C

Chim

Oh crap. I just got into GameMaker, love it, and want to work on it. Now I saw I missed that Bundle by like two weeks.

Is there any way to get a Hand on it still? Guess reselling is not allowed, rightfully so.

I want to shoot myself. :D
i read that somebody bought 2 or 3 bundles for themself, i you are lucky they will give it to you. Good Luck ;)

A

asfastucanon

really good run! those humble bundle deals are great!
Any chance someone pm me a unneeded Humble HTML5 export bundle number.

T

tuktuk22

hello. i missed the bundle too. :(
i wish to see another bundle soon

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
The kids of today... just wanting stuff and never talking about what they'd contribute... back in my day this never would've happened! *wags finger*

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Nice first posts...
If your entire forum presence up to this point is just one of those posts... what's saying you'll actually use the license to make games? *shakes head*
The kids of today... *grumble grumble*

M

MaxRosa

Sou brasileiro e estou desenvolvendo um jogo com esta ferramenta incrível. Fazia tempo que queria comprar ma licença do Game Maker Studio e produzir meus games no Brasil. Será que tem muitos brasileiros desenvolvendo nessa ferramenta?

[ADMIN EDIT]
GoogleTranslate: "I am Brazilian and I am developing a game with this amazing tool. I had long wanted to buy ma license Game Maker Studio and produce my games in Brazil. Do you have many Brazilians developing this tool?"

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Sorry, this board is English only. GameMaker is pretty popular in Brazil, and there are many Brazilian GameMaker boards if you have a look around.
GoogleTranslate: "Desculpe, esta placa é apenas em Inglês. GameMaker é bastante popular no Brasil, e há muitas placas Gamemaker brasileira se você tem um olhar ao redor."

M

Micah333

I just found out about this Humble Bundle late last night, and I am distraught that I missed such a blazing opportunity.

I know it's a super long shot, but I have to ask...

Does anyone have any extra Humble Bundle keys that you might be willing to part with? I have GMS: Pro, so it's mostly the modules and source code I'm bummed about missing out on. Thanks for reading.

rIKmAN

Micah_DS

Awesome suggestion. It's like an epic adventure where the hero must prove his worth to gain true power. I love it! ....dang, I'm more of a nerd than usual right now, and that's saying something....

Roderick

Does anyone have any extra keys that you might be willing to sell?
Selling Humble Bundle keys is against the TOS. I have no idea how likely it is that it would be noticed, but if it was, the key would likely be deactivated. Your best bet is probably to compete in the Jam mentioned above.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Sure... you can upgrade for 40% or 50% off if you have a qualifying product :)

N

NPT

When Is next one?
I need It.
Do you really think there is going to be a GMS 2 Humble Bundle sale in the near foreseeable future? And do you think they would announce when it was?

YYGs next announcement:

Hey everyone, you know the upgrade to Studio 1.4 that we've been working on for the last two years.

You know the one that Playtech bought YoYoGames for, for over 16 million US. Well we don't want you paying full price for it, we don't want you to even pay upgrade prices for it. Instead we will be making it available on Humble Bundle for only $15.

Who cares that we had to pay dozens of programmers salaries for two years. And who cares that we have to pay more salaries for future development and support. And who cares that we need to recoup Playtech's $16 million investment and earn a profit.

The important thing is you need it.

Reactions: Yal
D

Deadpool_19__87

Do you really think there is going to be a GMS 2 Humble Bundle sale in the near foreseeable future? And do you think they would announce when it was?

YYGs next announcement:
Well, I meant for studio 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.