OFFICIAL [Update: Now over!] Humble GameMaker Bundle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the master collection myself about 1-1/2 year ago, but I've also bought 2 Pro versions and now a third via the Humble Bundle. One for me, two for my boys and one for a friend. Just helps development I guess, not really a big deal, to me anyways.

F

f4stjack

I was so irritated when I found out :mad:
Actually, think it like that. I have bought it right now and I have to spend days to get to where you are. And when I do, you'll be doing insane stuff I can only barely hope to dream of. :))

Silverfire

Woah, this is too good to be true. I don't have plans for mobile games, but it would be stupid to not get the export modules at this price.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Woah, this is too good to be true. I don't have plans for mobile games, but it would be stupid to not get the export modules at this price.
To avoid being stupid in other ways, just be aware of the libpng support issues before starting to develop mobile games :p (The fix is in beta right now but it'll probably be some time before they're stabilized)

Y

Yolandi

Good day all

I am having trouble with the Game make studio program. I have downloaded the GM studio installer. But when I try to install it, it gives me an error: nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error

I have checked how to fix the problem but can't seem to find the solution.

Help please?

M

Moon

Hey everyone

I bought the Humble Bundle special with games and source code but after I've downloaded the game file and try to import it, it says this error: .gmz (Game name).gmz could not be read. Exception class name = EJcI CompressionError Exception message = Sevenzip: Error result (80004005) "Unspecified Error". I have enough memory and I downloaded it again just in case but it doesn't open and the project folder has no files for the game.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this?

G

Gaudium

I am having trouble with the Game make studio program. I have downloaded the GM studio installer. But when I try to install it, it gives me an error: nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error
I have checked how to fix the problem but can't seem to find the solution.
Help please?
I had this, I think the problem is that the download server keeps cutting out. If you're downloading on Chrome, it takes this as the download is complete. However, if you use Firefox, you're able to restart/resume the download so the whole file actually downloads.

In other news, I assume the login server is currently down? Trying to activate my licence and I can't log in on Game Maker.

ShaunJS

Just Another Dev
GMC Elder
There's been a sudden wave of site error reports. We're aware of the problem and are looking into it now.

Y

Yolandi

@Gaudium, Thanx I will try Internet Explorer and Firefox if IE does not work.

Will let you know if it worked and on which one ☺

W

Water Mirror Studios

Hi everyone, where I am supossed to get the GMZ files from the Bundle?

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Off the humble site. The link should be attached to your email receipt.

T

Tset_Tsyung

Hey all,

Super excited to be getting my hands on this. However, after waiting hours to get onto the login server (not a problem, kinda expected it, lol), I go to add my humble bundle license through the "Humble Bundle Code Redemption" only to be told that my 8 digit codes (started with the studio pro code) aren't valid. Yet they are copy and pasted directly from the Humble Bundle page... Any idea what might be causing this? Is this a result of loads of us buying the bundle?

P.S. Hi to all... yes - I'm gonna be one of THOSE NOOBS! (Don't hold it against me, lol)

W

Water Mirror Studios

Weird, I have only the steam key for the games, and the software, but no resource codes at all.

M

mysticjim

I guess I feel really sympathetic for anyone who paid the full prices for the product - especially recently. So glad I found the offer and got the lot at such a knockdown, though.

I'm hoping that the massive increase in pro users with the ability to export to all platforms will lead to a new burst GM Games getting made and pushed out there, and then a new wave of interest in GM as a serious tool for development. And while it's in the spotlight, GM2 can be released to a fanfare of public expectation, at a fair price point, and we'll all develop happily ever after!

G

gamedev4life

:( i got the humble bundle this morning, about 6 hours ago, and still havent gotten the redeem code email, just the email confirmation from humble bundle. i paid $15 and gave a 2$ tip to humble bundle. wussup?! :(

H

Heat4Life

This Humble GameMaker Bundle and you can get all by paying $15... That's a lot of discount... Can I ask why or asking why is not legit at all? lol

F

fuhin

hi all,
that was an insane offer but i have issue withe at least 2 game source cook serve delicious and home i've this error on compile :

Reading project file....System.FormatException: Le format de la cha�ne d'entr�e est incorrect.
� System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
� System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
� System.Double.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
� System.Convert.ToDouble(String value)
� ...ctor( _a, String _gmxName)
� ...ctor(XmlDocument _doc, String _baseDir)
i hope you can help me

thanks

Sabnock

Bought the bundle yesterday and redeemed all the codes but only the HTML 5 exporter works not the Android or the Windows UWP. i haven't tried the iOS export

any ideas?

Last edited:
C

Chim

Bought the bundle yesterday and redeemed all the codes but only the HTML 5 exporter works not the Android or the Windows UWP. i haven't tried the iOS export

any ideas?
Did you install the SDKs and read the manual?

D

djhamiltn

I have just purchased this.
Afterwards i have just thought, I dont own a Windows PC.
Does this run on a Mac? or am i going to have to purchase a new license?

J

jomarcenter

Now I am the owner of game maker studio which give me a new set of arsenal on my growing list of game engine I can use. Anyways kinda want to know the licenses for each source codes from the assets to the codes, especially since the modder community will really going to have a field day with this powerful level of access.

edit: found out cook server delicious 2 is delivererly been relieved thru this lol.

T

Tset_Tsyung

@djhamiltn Could you not just use a windows emulator or a second boot partition (admittedly means purchasing windows license).

Forgive me if I'm being ignorant. Not much of a Mac user... :(

D

djhamiltn

@djhamiltn Could you not just use a windows emulator or a second boot partition (admittedly means purchasing windows license).

Forgive me if I'm being ignorant. Not much of a Mac user... :(
Of course thats possible, But i dont use windows for many reasons.
I would basically be using Windows purely for GameStudio.

Going by that response i assume there is no native program for Mac users

D

djhamiltn

Well look at this ->

Thanks for the answer, That overlay never appeared for me. Oh well not a major loss.
Ill have a tinker with Wine at some point on Arch, if not then i may cut losses and build up a Windows machine just for this. Thanks for the response.

jazzzar

well the bundle is awesome but i don't see the need of the source code, i took a look at ink's source code, too much stuff and codes, not well-commented for other guys to understand what he's trying to do, it's too hard to keep track of what he's trying to achieve and therefor it's useless for me :p, i guess better not to read other people's source code than

S

Sonus Silver

Okay, so YoYoGames is amazing for such a generous discount. I bought the bundle moments after I found out about it. I've run into a snag with actually getting studio pro on my computer though. I've redeemed the codes on my profile's GameMaker Licenses page, but how do I download GM: Studio Professional? When I go to the purchasing part to get it, it still costs money. When I boot up the version that I have, it still advertises Studio Pro to me. Where do I go to download Studio Pro now that I've redeemed the license code?

jazzzar

Okay, so YoYoGames is amazing for such a generous discount. I bought the bundle moments after I found out about it. I've run into a snag with actually getting studio pro on my computer though. I've redeemed the codes on my profile's GameMaker Licenses page, but how do I download GM: Studio Professional? When I go to the purchasing part to get it, it still costs money. When I boot up the version that I have, it still advertises Studio Pro to me. Where do I go to download Studio Pro now that I've redeemed the license code?
You download the free version, login with your account and add the license, atleast that's how i did it

S

Sonus Silver

You download the free version, login with your account and add the license, atleast that's how i did it
I already have the free version and already added the license, but I'm still getting advertised the Pro version. Is there a way to tell that whether or not I'm using GM:SPro?

Attachments

jazzzar

I already have the free version and already added the license, but I'm still getting advertised the Pro version. Is there a way to tell that whether or not I'm using GM:SPro?
When you open a project, Professional Edition (v1.4.xxxx) should appear at the top left

M

Moon

This may be a stupid question but when you say login with your account, do you mean the one used for the forums?

S

Sonus Silver

When you open a project, Professional Edition (v1.4.xxxx) should appear at the top left
I'm afraid I don't get that. It still says "Standard Version".

This may be a stupid question but when you say login with your account, do you mean the one used for the forums?
I think he means the login for your account on YoYo Games. I think this forum is a bit different.

jazzzar

I'm afraid I don't get that. It still says "Standard Version".

I think he means the login for your account on YoYo Games. I think this forum is a bit different.
well, just press on a module like android, when a prompt pops up advertising the module for you, there will be a little message on the bottom left to enter the license, you should be able to update it there

S

Sonus Silver

well, just press on a module like android, when a prompt pops up advertising the module for you, there will be a little message on the bottom left to enter the license, you should be able to update it there
Where does that appear? When is it advertised? I'm sorry, but I really don't know what you're talking about :/

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
It can also be a good idea to restart Studio after you enter activation codes (and changing preferences, for that matter) to make sure the new modules are loaded properly, btw. There's even a bunch of "global game settings" stuff that tend to not load properly until you restart Studio (they're saved to the project file but not loaded until you restart).

Basically, the first thing you should do when you run into problems, try restarting Studio and see if it works afterwards.

S

svensonic1

Sorry, does this also contain the MAC OS X module ($1 Game Maker Studio Pro)?

E

Eric

hi all,
that was an insane offer but i have issue withe at least 2 game source cook serve delicious and home i've this error on compile :

i hope you can help me

thanks
The issues I seem to have is ...
- I'm able to download from humble,
- The size looks fine....
- I import using the instruction.. (I also tried it just by clicking the file).
- and the project HAS nothing inside it, no sprite, no script, no room.... Nothing.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.