OFFICIAL [Update: Now over!] Humble GameMaker Bundle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunJS

Just Another Dev
GMC Elder
Update: The bundle is now over!

over.png

We raised over $2.8 million! More than 3 times last year's bundle. We want to thank all of the excellent developers for taking part, and of course all of you who supported and purchased the bundle.

Original Post below:

Hello developers!

We’re very proud to present, together with Humble and a selection of top GameMaker developers:

The Humble GameMaker Bundle!

This is the biggest pay-what-you-want offer of GameMaker software, hit indie games and original game source code that we’ve ever put together, available for a full two weeks!

For the highest tier of just $15 you can receive:

GameMaker: Studio Professional
Android Export
iOS Export
UWP Export*
HTML5 Export
12 Games
A .gmz file per game containing that game's original source code!

If you’ve purchased the bundle and need any assistance redeeming your GameMaker products, please consult this detailed guide on our HelpDesk.

We think the value of this bundle cannot be overstated, getting the opportunity to see the source files for commercial games is incredibly rare and can be a brilliant source of insight and inspiration for other developers.

-YoYo Games

*Currently UWP desktop only. Other platforms to follow when available.

Last edited:

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
I really hope YoYo has learned from last year's HB debacle and would make a genuine effort not to repeat it this time.

Have the licensing and export download server's capacity been scaled up this time around? This was your undoing last time. I'm especially concerned since I still regularly see people getting interrupted downloads off store.yoyogames.com under non-surge loads.

Have anyone at YoYo paid heed to the needs of educational license users? If they need support now (not surprising since the school year just began), they can get ignored for months while you clear the backlog. I know of at least one client YoYo lost this way last year.

Has the backlog for Android libpng and Google services been sufficiently cleared? The deadline for that is on the 17th, and I still haven't seen any signs of documentation for the updated SDK and extension setup required for 1.4.1760+. If that documentation doesn't go up soon, existing Android users can end up crowding the line with HB purchasers at the helpdesk.

I'd love to chip in again, but not if YoYo doesn't learn from its past lessons.

Cpaz

WOOT! An even BIGGER steal then last years bundle! Here's hoping I can jump on this train before it ends!

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I'm tempted to buy this because it's such a good offer, but I've already got a Pro license and I'm not really interested in releasing games for anything other than normal PCs. :p And as for all the source code... I'm pretty sure building any sort of commercial game with them would violate a bunch of licenses, and I don't really need examples to learn from with a decade of experience either :p

"pay what you want" for a Pro license really is a steal, though :p

S

StuffandThings85

donated $25. Insanely good deal. Isn't this essentially the "master collection"?

B

Blackened

Haha! Just what I NEED, a 3rd Game Maker Studio Pro Key! (Cant even give those away these days. (I'm SO kidding.)) :p

Seriously though, It's a STEAL! I may just pick it up what I don't already own. Don't forget you can allocate $$$ to Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders. http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/ Thanks guys! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Yal

Nallebeorn

Again? Nice! I bought the last one, but ~10 dollar for HTML5? Now that's just too good to resist. Not really interested in ios or uwp, though.

Roa

I really hope YoYo has learned from last year's HB debacle and would make a genuine effort not to repeat it this time.

Have the licensing and export download server's capacity been scaled up this time around? This was your undoing last time. I'm especially concerned since I still regularly see people getting interrupted downloads off store.yoyogames.com under non-surge loads.

Have anyone at YoYo paid heed to the needs of educational license users? If they need support now (not surprising since the school year just began), they can get ignored for months while you clear the backlog. I know of at least one client YoYo lost this way last year.

Has the backlog for Android libpng and Google services been sufficiently cleared? The deadline for that is on the 17th, and I still haven't seen any signs of documentation for the updated SDK and extension setup required for 1.4.1760+. If that documentation doesn't go up soon, existing Android users can end up crowding the line with HB purchasers at the helpdesk.

I'd love to chip in again, but not if YoYo doesn't learn from its past lessons.
Relax, it wasn't that bad. I'm sure the new software and upgrades and taking from last time's event, it will at least handle it much better.

Also, thank you yoyo! I only wish I had something to offer to the list :c

A

Ariak

I feel like I just robbed YoYo Games - what as awesome offer.
Thank you!!

*Edit:*
GMS2 releases this year and its a quick cash grab! :p

T

TTJ

As someone who paid full price for everything I can only say that I'm extremely happy that everyone can get it all for $15 now!
I feel you. Purchased two modules myself recently during a Ludum Dare

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Yes

It's a personal user license (as the normal version is) not educational - but they can dish them out to students I guess if they want to buy a stack.

This is fixed in the beta channel. Been in EA for a while.

D

Docker

Just got the email for this, awesome!

Last edited:
G

Galladhan

I was already happy cause i've noticed that we can download assets directly from the MP now, but the Humble Bundle makes me even happier. You made my day, YYG! =)

Jezla

Great deal! Missed the last one. I was tempted to get the whole shebang, but decided to get the mid-tier since the html5 module will be the only one I'll use.

R

Richard

@edvards299 - Yes after 14 days of redeeming them on your YoYo Account.

@sgtcrispy - Read Humble's EULA, I believe it is ok but not to sell.

@Mike - No, Educational users should not buy this, it may not work on their school network!

G

grixm

edit: Investigated and it seems it probably isn't YYGs fault

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
@edvards299
@Mike - No, Educational users should not buy this, it may not work on their school network!
I stand corrected :)

Although I was referring to handing out codes to students for home use, as this would again be a person license and not installing on a network. But I bow to your expertise for how they may try to use it. :)

K

klkitchens

Woo hoo! Just jumped on board. Never got the Pro before because I couldn't upgrade to the Master collection later. So now I have everything I need.

I'm a Construct 2 user and while it's great, I need some scripting options. May do some Unity/Xamarin work too depending on the project. But this was too good a deal to miss.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Yes

It's a personal user license (as the normal version is) not educational - but they can dish them out to students I guess if they want to buy a stack.

This is fixed in the beta channel. Been in EA for a while.
I'm relieved to know that you've scaled up to the occasion, but you missed the point of my third question.

My third question is about documentation for Android export and extension changes, specifically the helpdesk articles. The coverage on IAPs, licensing, ads, etc. is still the same as from 1.3.x. That won't fly on 1.4.1760+, and for weeks I've been seeing affected users scrambling for a solution.

Given that this HB giveaway includes the Android export, prospective customers deserve a properly documented purchase, as do existing ones.

G

Greg Squire

Sweet! Thanks YoYoGames! This is such a steal and totally worth it. I have the Master Collection already, but bought this for the source to learn from. I always like to see how others solve problems in code. I'll probably give the license to my son, who's now starting to learn Gamemaker.

A

Aleksant

I spent my last money on the Master Collection in the last days of Sommer Sale... That's just unfair.

C

Connor Gill

What a good deal!

B

Blakkid489

How do I locate my License key on steam?

EDIT: I got the bundle and want I need the my key but I cant find it on steam. Which is where I originally bought my studio from awhile back

rIKmAN

New customer here, mainly because for the price of the Humble deal I couldn't resist buying it due to the value it presents.

Last time I checked out GM was years ago, but I see it supports shaders, networking, Spine etc now and seems to have come a long way since back then.

Looking forward to having a play around and seeing what it can do.

B

Blakkid489

Login into HumbleBundle and click in Keys sections, And then you found what you purchased and click redeem to steam.
Yeah I get that part but for the modules it just says "Redeem to Gamemaker"

EDIT: Is it possible that I have to install the non steam version first? and use that?

T

TDSrock

This looks great. I'll have to ponder if I want to pick this up or not.... Hmmm

A

Alunite

Woah..... This is amazing! I was close to buying some of the export modules earlier on this week but decided to see if I could wait it out until Christmas. So glad I waited just a few more days :D

N

Nexusrex

Welp, that looks totally great..I hope i can buy it before the sale ends..Anyway, may i know..Which type of accounts of amazon are needed (Or a link for how to make an amazon account?)

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Just because of curiosity... are there any official plans to handle the surge of new users (direct them to the right boards to ask questions, have tutorials extra easy to find, etc)?

Status
Not open for further replies.