• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Unusual delay running the game, VM and YYC

A

Archer6621

So this only started happening today, in all of my projects.

When I press run, it would normally takes seconds for the thing to finish and run the game. Now it takes about 40 seconds each time, which seriously hampers the ability to quickly prototype and test things.

I've seen more threads about this problem here and there, and none of them seemed to have a solution. In those threads people were pointing at the "!!!!No INI File" message that seems to appear last in the output, but it actually gets stuck on something after the INI loading it seems.

Already tried clearing cache and temp folders, no success.

Does anybody have a clue on how to make this issue go away?

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Check your anti virus settings and ensure that you exclude all project directories and the GMS temp and cache directories as well

Russell

A

Archer6621

Check your anti virus settings and ensure that you exclude all project directories and the GMS temp and cache directories as well

Russell
Anti-virus was off already.

The issue seems to be gone now, I have done two things in the meantime:
- Restart PC
- Disconnect gamepad

Not sure which solved the issue, but I'll make sure to check if it ever happens again.