• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Demo Untitled Shooter Game[Platformer][2D][Alpha][Screenshots][DEMO]

John Andrews

Living Enigma
I've been around in my free time developing a platformer shooter since the past month (since 20/06/2017 ) and it's gotten me interested enough to actually make something playable of it and even releasing a demo on the WIP post launch (13/07/2017), I've worked in this game, I really want your opinions on it and leave feedback, comment what you liked/disliked, review, constructive criticism!

As of now it is pretty much the base/engine of what my game is going to be, so leave feedback based on gameplay or bugs!

Now some thing the game has/doesn't have, and what the demo includes:

-A playable player [done]
-Enemies with variants [done, some in the demo]
-Large array of weapons [done, only 4 usable in the demo]
-Grenades [done, only 1 usable in the demo]
-Blood, splatters, stains, etc [done]
-Allies [done]
-Event system (if you are at x it triggers something) [done]
-Buttons (triggers events) [done]
-A huge story [written]
-Bosses [wip]
-Levels [only the demo level]
-Bubble chat for allies(telling you something) [wip]
-Vehicles [wip]
-Sprites [very wip]
-Sounds [some]
-Music [none yet]
-Many more stuff I don't really remember!

-v- Screenshots! -v-

-^- Screenshots! -^-

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2lvay8r7uk06jf/Untitled+shooter+game.zip <- DOWNLOAD

Remember to leave feedback! :D

Last edited:

Gamerev147

At first I went into this with an attitude of hate. I thought it was going to be hard to see the sprites, I thought I was going to dislike it because it's a platform shooter.
However, I downloaded it and I was quite surprised! It's very addicting and it's on my very small list of platformers that I like!

Here's what I got for ya:
Pros
  • Good effects (I love the blood and the smoke trails!)
  • Great sound effects for the weapons!
  • The weapons are good, but you should add a pop-up that shows the stats of the weapons on the ground (only when you stand over them)
  • Enemies are great! However it seems odd that they tend to rush you. Very few (if any) hold their position and fight strategically.
Cons
  • Add an options menu so I can change the size of the window. I really don't like games where it constricts me to a tiny playing window.
  • The "You Ded" screen, the text is off center. I don't know if you want it like that; I think it would look better centered with a bloody font.
I think that's all I got for you. I didn't find any bugs or glitches. It seems like a very solid engine.
It's a very fun, engaging, and addicting game to play. Don't give up! It has potential :)

John Andrews

Living Enigma
At first I went into this with an attitude of hate. I thought it was going to be hard to see the sprites, I thought I was going to dislike it because it's a platform shooter.
However, I downloaded it and I was quite surprised! It's very addicting and it's on my very small list of platformers that I like!

Here's what I got for ya:
Pros
  • Good effects (I love the blood and the smoke trails!)
  • Great sound effects for the weapons!
  • The weapons are good, but you should add a pop-up that shows the stats of the weapons on the ground (only when you stand over them)
  • Enemies are great! However it seems odd that they tend to rush you. Very few (if any) hold their position and fight strategically.
Cons
  • Add an options menu so I can change the size of the window. I really don't like games where it constricts me to a tiny playing window.
  • The "You Ded" screen, the text is off center. I don't know if you want it like that; I think it would look better centered with a bloody font.
I think that's all I got for you. I didn't find any bugs or glitches. It seems like a very solid engine.
It's a very fun, engaging, and addicting game to play. Don't give up! It has potential :)
Thanks a lot for the Feedback!! :D I really appreciate your opinion on the AI thingy, I worked mostly on that, The weapons stat's things I don't know, it may make the player take advantage of the game (I want them to play with the gun they like more, not chosen by stats), And about the cons, yeah I may add an option to switch between fullscreen and windowed mode, and the "You Ded" was intentionally off-centered because I only wanted to do a template of a death screen, and thanks for the encouragement! I'll keep on this project! :D