Windows Untitled Mutant Game (Playable demo added!)

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by HighlandCoo, May 25, 2018.

1. HighlandCoo

HighlandCoo Member

[​IMG]
    Hi, this is my new project which has no name!

I made it as a bit of a palate cleanser whilst I work on my main projects.

You are a mutant, and the aim of the game is to escape the labratory where you were created.

The demo contains 2 levels, the objective is to kill all enemies in the levels.

You have 3 powers: teleport, shield, and telekinesis. Your weapon is a Spear.

See below some gameplay!

SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DOWNLOAD DEMO
    I hope you all enjoy playing! If you really like it let me know, I might expand it into a full game.

Cheers!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 4:32 PM
  2. poinl

poinl Member

I can't tell if the game is lagging or if the character is moving painfully slow. Concept is interesting, you can do a lot of things with this.

HighlandCoo likes this.
  3. HighlandCoo

HighlandCoo Member

Updated!

So many changes, I basically pulled it all apart and started again.

- Movement code has been totally rewritten (thank you to poinl for making me see that "good enough" is just not good enough :p)
    - lighting and shadow effects have been upgraded
    - particles have been added
    - new enemies have been added
    - some balancing changes, damage, movement, line of sight etc
    - exploding scenery has been added :)

Im happy with how the combat is shaping up, teleporting around, blocking shots with shields, stunning enemies or throwing crates with telekinesis, before going for the kill with the Mind Spear...
    but Im still trying to decide what kind of game this is to be.. it is your objective to move from A to B? To clear the level of enemies? To kill a particular NPC? To gather X of Item Y? And that being so, why are you doing it? Im so bad at this stuff :)

I hope you enjoy playing! Please let me know your thoughts, your very harshest feedback is welcomed.

4. HighlandCoo

HighlandCoo Member

UPDATED!

Various balancing changes
    Various bugfixes

heres the fiction I have in mind - you are a cyborg escaping from the evil corporate lab that created you. You have been enhanced with nano technology that gives you incredible abilities.

I think I need to work out an upgrade path, something for weapons, something for abilities, then general stuff like movement. Not sure how to gate the upgrades yet, im thinking a collectable that is dropped from enemies/collected from rooms etc that can be used to craft stuff.

Levels will be linear, with some choice. Think like FTL, you get a couple of choices where you go next.

Levels will contain random events where you can make choices that will help or hinder you.

Please let me know what you think!