• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM [UNSOLVED] Mac OS X export on Windows does not work

jobjorgos

Hello!

Im trying to create a mac app of my game so mac users can also play it.
I have GM:S 1.4 with all modules, and im running mac os x 10.12 on a virtual machine.
I have these settings below:

And below here you see the virtual Mac OS X 10.12, but whenever i press on run in game maker, i get this error message on the virtual Mac somehow:

Im pretty sure the SDK settings are right, so what could be possible wrong here the app doesnot show on the virtual Mac?

Last edited:
S

Sam (Deleted User)

Well for starters, running mac on a virtual machine goes against apple's terms, and could get you in trouble.

jobjorgos

Ah i see... seems i must own a real physical mac computer to not break any apple rules. Thanks for mention it.

But still im sure I wont get trouble since I only need it to make a mac os x app for some friends of me that i know. i dont publish it anywhere and i dont make any money from it.

And I did the same with a friends mac computer to make an app and it gave the same error saying YoYo Runner quit unexceptely.
I checked if both my windows computer and my friends mac where on the same network and they where.

Anything I might forget orsomething so i can create this mac os x app?

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I suspect that something is wrong with your game - first step would be to run the debugger and work out where it is going wrong and then start from there.

I assume that a blank room project works fine on the Mac and it is just your game that has issue?

Russell

P.S. A VM is more likely to be using some sort of software emulator for graphics rendering and this will have significant speed implications and may not support all hardware features (like shaders).

jobjorgos

I assume that a blank room project works fine on the Mac and it is just your game that has issue?
Good idea, I tried this, but it had the same error. So I guess theres something wrong with the settings or connection.

by the way if i click on 'reopen' then the following error message shows:

jobjorgos

xcode and a paid apple developer account are not required for what im doing here (making a Mac OS X app from gamemaker in windows), do I?
If someone could confirm this can be excluded, then that would help me to isolate the cause of the problem. :))

jobjorgos

Anybody of you have succesfully created mac os x apps before from a windows computer?

Was it hard to do it?