• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code [UNSOLVED] (Bug?) Weird Input "Lag"

L

lindens

I noticed something a little bit strange when debugging my own project; when i simply click my left mouse button, the debug overlay showed an increase in step time. To make sure i had 0 code that used the left mouse button, i made a 100% clean empty project and only have the debugging overlay enabled. I simply held down the LMB and i seen that same increase in step time.

If i'm not using the LMB for any input, why does that button alone (and only that button) cause such a small increase in step time?

Also, wasn't really sure where to post this question so...

Ahhh, you've discovered the super secret bit coin mining function.

When you press LMB, GMS 2 grabs a few cycles from the CPU to mine bitcoins.

Don't tell anyone!!!

...or maybe its not bitcoins, but it does take some processing power to register that the LMB has been pressed each frame...

L

lindens

Ahhh, you've discovered the super secret bit coin mining function.

When you press LMB, GMS 2 grabs a few cycles from the CPU to mine bitcoins.

Don't tell anyone!!!

...or maybe its not bitcoins, but it does take some processing power to register that the LMB has been pressed each frame...
But the step time only increases with the LMB lol, i tried a bunch of keys and they do not increase step time. Also, it wouldn't take processing power to register the LMB since the project does not use or recognize the input whatsoever. its a clean project remember!