Unofficial Mobile GM Documentation

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by Chris, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Chris

Chris Member

There have been many times when I've wished to reference GML from my smartphone, but the documentation site isn't exactly mobile friendly and can be janky at times. To solve this problem, I created this mobile app.

This app has the GML reference part of the documentation completely available offline, and supports instant type-to-search and filtering. This makes it extremely convenient and straight forward to look up GML on the go. It also works well as a companion to normal development by just leaving the app open and quickly looking up what you need.

Currently, only the Android version is published but an iOS version is coming soon. When the iOS version launches, I'll update this post with the link as well as the itch.io page.

Enjoy!

xot, Genetix, Justice and 2 others like this.
  2. TheStolenBattenberg

TheStolenBattenberg Member

You are a great person for the wealth of knowledge and reference you have now distributed into the palm of my hand.

In other words, excellent idea.

3. Chris

Chris Member

Thank you! Happy to help.

4. o_minus

o_minus Member

This is amazing. Well done!

Chris likes this.
  5. Toque

Toque Member

Will look at iOS when it comes out.

6. Blunt

Blunt Member

That's a lot of permissions your app requires.

7. Chris

Chris Member

The framework I used to build this app has those permission requests enabled by default, and I didnt look into turning them off. As outlined by the public privacy policy of the application, no data about you is ever collected by me or any third party! None of those permissions are ever used during runtime of the app :)

8. xot

xot GMLscripter GMC Elder

Neat! Please work out those permissions.

9. Coded Games

Coded Games Member

Also looking forward to an iOS version. It looks good!

10. Genetix

Genetix Member

This looks great, I'll check it out. Thanks!

11. SnortySnoopy

SnortySnoopy Member

Your app is extremely useful, especially when I'm on the go and have the urge to draft scripts/codes from sudden spark of idea, or as reading material to familiarize myself with GML. However I noticed there are some text missing in the documentation. E.g. at the bottom portion of "place_meeting". Also I hope you'll consider adding the "constant" list (denoted in red) to make the app a 'complete reference package'. Thank you.