• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Unofficial Mobile GM Documentation

C

Chris

There have been many times when I've wished to reference GML from my smartphone, but the documentation site isn't exactly mobile friendly and can be janky at times. To solve this problem, I created this mobile app.

This app has the GML reference part of the documentation completely available offline, and supports instant type-to-search and filtering. This makes it extremely convenient and straight forward to look up GML on the go. It also works well as a companion to normal development by just leaving the app open and quickly looking up what you need.

Currently, only the Android version is published but an iOS version is coming soon. When the iOS version launches, I'll update this post with the link as well as the itch.io page.

Enjoy!

You are a great person for the wealth of knowledge and reference you have now distributed into the palm of my hand.

In other words, excellent idea.

C

Chris

The framework I used to build this app has those permission requests enabled by default, and I didnt look into turning them off. As outlined by the public privacy policy of the application, no data about you is ever collected by me or any third party! None of those permissions are ever used during runtime of the app :)

Your app is extremely useful, especially when I'm on the go and have the urge to draft scripts/codes from sudden spark of idea, or as reading material to familiarize myself with GML. However I noticed there are some text missing in the documentation. E.g. at the bottom portion of "place_meeting". Also I hope you'll consider adding the "constant" list (denoted in red) to make the app a 'complete reference package'. Thank you.